New Little Project

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

My girlfriend has the 60L version, love to see how this pans out for you. Love what you have done with the diagonal scape though.

Looking forward to seeing this evolve!

Edit:

Word of warning, those Stingray filters are notoriously crap your probably going to be better off replacing it with something like a Fluval U1.

My girlfriend has the 60L version, love to see how this pans out for you. Love what you have done with the diagonal scape though.

Looking forward to seeing this evolve!

Edit:

Word of warning, those Stingray filters are notoriously crap your probably going to be better off replacing it with something like a Fluval U1.

Cheers Josh

Well aware of the Stingrays haha, i've heard they are pretty dire aswell!

Thanks Ian for the link :good:

James.

You can make them work but it's pretty temperamental, I found that the major flaw with them is the fact the way they open and close is like a trap door. The mere fact there is no really seal allows water to leak in (bypass) the sponges and go straight through the pump. Add this on top of the poor manufacturing quality and the lid won't usually even lock in place correctly. If you ensure it closes properly and manage to get it all to seal it will work, it's advisable to put media inside the actual thingy rather than the two small sponges it comes with.

I do love the colour of the substrate I think that would love fantastic with red cherrys!

You can make them work but it's pretty temperamental, I found that the major flaw with them is the fact the way they open and close is like a trap door. The mere fact there is no really seal allows water to leak in (bypass) the sponges and go straight through the pump. Add this on top of the poor manufacturing quality and the lid won't usually even lock in place correctly. If you ensure it closes properly and manage to get it all to seal it will work, it's advisable to put media inside the actual thingy rather than the two small sponges it comes with.

I do love the colour of the substrate I think that would love fantastic with red cherrys!

well i'll just see how it goes for the time being, as great as the U series are (U4's have been great for me) they are quite big for that tank. Like I said, we'll see :good:

I must get shrimp, i'm debating whether to get a big colony of Red Cherry's or mix Red Cherry's with like Snowballs etc?
I also wouldn't mind some micro Rasbora's in that tank aswell.

James :good:

Yeh the U series are pretty invasive to the eyes and the tank even on my 10G my U1 looked very big.

I would say cherrys, go for for cherrys but thats only because I have them and love them.

i have one of these running on my nano

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RESUN-Cyclone-Mini-External-Filter-3W-200L-H-60L-CY-20-/180359416670?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item29fe424b5e

excellent little filters, although i can't see where you would put it. A lot of shrimp keepers use them as well.

ps nice Oasis sticker on the guitar!

Looking forward to the final stocked pictures, have you any more thoughts on stocking other than shrimps and the micro rasbora's?

Looking forward to the final stocked pictures, have you any more thoughts on stocking other than shrimps and the micro rasbora's?

I've considered Pygmy Corydoras, but because this is a small tank very restricted as to what I can have in it. I must say though, I went to my LFS yesterday and they had a tank full of Pygmy Puffers, it was nearly bye bye Betta time :lol:

James.

My Betta is well and truly sulking at the minute. It's probably a mixture of the change in scenery, maybe pH change, and me not giving him enough acclimatising time. He's okay though, he took some flake this morning :lol:

James.

Pygmy corys are great but I had them for a long time on a dark substrate and could barely ever see them, now they're on playsand I can actually see what they are doing. Perhaps the dark brown won't be too dark and you might be able to see them more. They are great in a shoal when they swim around though.

Pygmy corys are great but I had them for a long time on a dark substrate and could barely ever see them, now they're on playsand I can actually see what they are doing. Perhaps the dark brown won't be too dark and you might be able to see them more. They are great in a shoal when they swim around though.

Good point Josh. I think the Red Cherry's will be perfect as the only bottom dweller in the tank. The red will show nicely through the brown. Still unsure about a shoal of Micro Rasbora's in there?

James.

That JBL substrate looks really effective, they have a nano set up with it in my local Maidenhead. DO you treat it like sand or gravel when cleaning? I want to set up a nano now but nowhere for it to go.

That JBL substrate looks really effective, they have a nano set up with it in my local Maidenhead. DO you treat it like sand or gravel when cleaning? I want to set up a nano now but nowhere for it to go.

Im not sure to be honest James what i'll do because i've not had to clean it yet (apart from the initial rinse)

The gravel cleaner I use is quite big, I think it will probably suck the substrate up, so im going to guess i'll have to clean it as if it were sand.

James

I think Micro Ras' will be great but another worry with the stingray filter is the distance that it sits away from the glass and creates a gap big enough for a young neon to get trapped in, could be worth putting some sort of trim around it to prevent anything getting trapped behind it, shrimp are likely to try and squeeze their way in too.

Most reactions

Back