New Freshwater Predator Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I saw a huge arapaima en route to a public aquarium. I leaned over for a look and almost had my skull eaten. It was trying to get an angle on me. Amazingly beautiful, but wow.
They're huge, far too big for home aquarium I think but a load came in to the UK last year. I saw them in the zoo at Washington DC and you're right they are massive

You added some sand? I bet the rays are loving that. How's the support looking under the tank now?
I did, I didnt love the look without it althought it is easier to clean

I wish I had bought darker sand. The rays do love it but they make such a mess of it

I've got the boarding under the sump supported but I guess at some point I need to take it apart and do it properly

I did, I didnt love the look without it althought it is easier to clean

I wish I had bought darker sand. The rays do love it but they make such a mess of it

I've got the boarding under the sump supported but I guess at some point I need to take it apart and do it properly

Sorry you have had to go through that I know it's a gut wrenching feeling especially with a tank that size. I would be stressing daily. Fish look great and i bet they are much happier in their new digs

Love the Dat!! Rays are absolutely gorgeous!!
Cheers the Dat is a relatively new addition after searching for one for a while and he's already a favourite he follows me up and down the tank when I walk around the garage he is so cute

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back