Need Help Urgently Please

You will have some die back, due to loss of O2 & a food source. The O2 loss is probably of greater concern.

On the average expect a 10% to 20% loss every 24 hours. Running some water through it will keep this to a minimum.
 
Mel you shouldnt need to cut the media too much if at all to run it in the juwel internal, fold the sponges as much as possible and stuff them in the bottom of the internal, then place the bio balls/ceramic media on top of that, then some floss or another sponge over the top, its better than nothing and will keep the fish and bacteria alive enough until you can get a replacement.
 
So with everyone out the house and some peaceful time to work things out, I've laid down towels with the canister still in its bowl and I've also wrapped kitchen paper around the nuts that hold the pipes to the taps to see if they get wet. It's been on for about 15-20 minutes. Bone dry. No leaks no water YET. I will keep watching. But what a weird situation this is. Granted it was on for about 5hrs before I noticed the small pool of water yesterday. I also had the taps half on yesterday only now they are almost full, not sure if its making a difference. Watch this space right!
 
1974_eating_popcorn.gif
 
Right, now its dripping. So it's been on for what, 50-60 mins and it's going drip drip drip and the clip clip clip
Taps were both on full for the last half hour
Yep, gonna ring Tetra
 
Haha OMG
I took the O Ring off and cleaned it, not that it was anywhere near dirty, I greased the groove and put it back together
NOW THE QUICK RELEASE IS LEAKING!!!!! What's a girl gotta do to get this sucker working?!
Not only that but the tank was a centimetre fuller before I refilled the canister, I know this because the spray bar's sitting on the water instead of just below it
It's like a centimetre of water has been lost from the canister
I would never ever buy a Tetratec filter again
It amazes me how popular they are
 
Its just not your weekend is it. Doesnt sound like this is salvagable. Best to stuff the internal with the media as best you can, run that whilst you wait for a replacement from TT or buy a new one.
 
Its just not your weekend is it. Doesnt sound like this is salvagable. Best to stuff the internal with the media as best you can, run that whilst you wait for a replacement from TT or buy a new one.

Yep, what a total sod haha

Does anyone know out of interest, do the taps have to be like this I I parallel and straight or can they be like this \ / away from each other? Would this cause a leak from the quick release?
 
Mine are \ / so yep its ok, can be anyway so long as the hoses arent kinked.
 
Mine are \ / so yep its ok, can be anyway so long as the hoses arent kinked.

Ah ok just thought that might have been causing the leak at the quick release
Nah no kinks but some slight looping to keep the slack
They aren't dead straight, more so because it's a corner tank but I know everyone with corner tank doesn't have a leaking filter so I'm not using that for my reason
 
Ah ha!

Look what I have found!..!..!

Please Note :

Tetra have identified a problem with this range of filters. The hose adaptor unit ball valve spindles can leak water, which then fills up the compartments within the top of the filter and then overflows down the sides of the canister. This leads the customer to think that the main canister seal is leaking, when in fact it is most unlikely.

Tetra have modified the adaptor unit and are fitting it to all new production stock

However, in the meantime, if you experiance such a leakage problem with your existing Tetra Tec EX filter, then you are advised to contact Tetra direct on 08700 55 4031 who will be happy to deal with your problem, generally at no cost to you


Good to know innit?!
 
LOL Mel - post #50 on this page
However, in the meantime, if you experiance such a leakage problem with your existing Tetra Tec EX filter, then you are advised to contact Tetra direct on 08700 55 4031 who will be happy to deal with your problem, generally at no cost to you

just took this from another forum
 
LOL Mel - post #50 on this page
However, in the meantime, if you experiance such a leakage problem with your existing Tetra Tec EX filter, then you are advised to contact Tetra direct on 08700 55 4031 who will be happy to deal with your problem, generally at no cost to you

just took this from another forum

LMAO yeah well spotted!! I didn't twig. But was good to read the whole explanation anyway as I feel calmer that it's not just me being a pillock and not doing it properly
 
hehe iam sorry mel i thought i copy pasted the whole section :blush:
may be ok then to bide your time,

Will ring em first thing
Just strange how it's only just started happening after having it for a year and it being fine!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top