Need Help Urgently Please

how is it now?
is it still leaking?

It's turned off and every now and then there is a little drip from the clip

How long can they go without a filter?
 
have you given up now?
is the clip where the lid is? does it have the gasket?is it on correctly?

might sound rude but want to help, as ive done all these things with the fluval......if i put the gasket on wrong it would leak if i put it on correct it was hard to close top down but was perfect
 
have you given up now?
is the clip where the lid is? does it have the gasket?is it on correctly?

might sound rude but want to help, as ive done all these things with the fluval......if i put the gasket on wrong it would leak if i put it on correct it was hard to close top down but was perfect

Not rude at all hun, glad you are here to help, so if you wanna be rude, but helpful, be my guest :P

I haven't given up, my back is really playing up and I can't really do a lot else other than empty the water a bit from the canister to stop the drip drip and tackle it again in the morning. I've emailed Tetratec also. I've read a lot about other people having the same problems.

What is the gasket please? It wasn't a doddle to push the lid down, but the clips easily closed it shut tight, if that makes sense? There are 4 clips. The canister is a rounded edge square shape with a clip on each side.
 
If you open the lid look on the outer edge where the lid connects closed and you should see something like a rubber band?

iam hoping it has as havent seen this filter

However, in the meantime, if you experiance such a leakage problem with your existing Tetra Tec EX filter, then you are advised to contact Tetra direct on 08700 55 4031 who will be happy to deal with your problem, generally at no cost to you

just took this from another forum
 
If you open the lid look on the outer edge where the lid connects closed and you should see something like a rubber band?

iam hoping it has as havent seen this filter

However, in the meantime, if you experiance such a leakage problem with your existing Tetra Tec EX filter, then you are advised to contact Tetra direct on 08700 55 4031 who will be happy to deal with your problem, generally at no cost to you

just took this from another forum

Oh yeah it has the rubber band, the O Ring yeah?
It all seems absolutely fine to me
Have checked numerous times
The only thing I haven't done is apply vaseline to it
I know this is something a lot of people advise, but I've also read a lot of other threads where it doesn't help so I'm not holding my breath for that
I also didn't think Tetra would be open today
 
not sure, give them a ring and see, if not in the am tommorow or tuesday, do you have a back up filter?

iam now at a loss

Not one that won't cause a cycle unfortunately
I have the giant thing it came with, Juwel box thing
But it's brand new so might try and cycle the tank
I will try and vaseline the seal as a last thing to try though
The fish will be ok til the morning
 
It's stopped dripping since it's been off for about 3hrs now
It's dry
But obviously turning it back on will cause it to leak again
Arrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :dunno: :saddam: :devil: :ninja:
 
Just a thought, but did you just say you have the one it came with? Then put your media in that. Ive been able to media dump before without an issue from filter to filter in *omg my fluval just cracked* emergencies.

But then again, no idea exactly what you mean by juwel box thing. SO maybe not.

Just found out in the chat thatss the thing in the hood right? lol...well its better then nothing?
If your media fits, try it.
 
Hey the media won't fit I would have to cut it down which I am loathe to do at this stage

I don't have an airpump

I have a small filter co-running my 15 gallon, it would provide SOME movement but nothing like what it would need if it was more than a couple of days
 
Best bet is to get a large cup or other container that you can clip inside the rim of the tank. Poke some holes in the bottom, put your media in it. Pour water through every so often, this will keep the media wet, nitrifying bacteria alive, and create some bio filtration for your tank.
 
Best bet is to get a large cup or other container that you can clip inside the rim of the tank. Poke some holes in the bottom, put your media in it. Pour water through every so often, this will keep the media wet, nitrifying bacteria alive, and create some bio filtration for your tank.

Just wondering, as my canister is full of water and sealed lid, will that keep my bacteria alive or does it have to have movement?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top