Need Help Urgently Please

Have you got another filter to keep running in case this isnt fixable? Im just asking, because if after the umpteenth time of trying its still leaking, I would be inclined to contact TT and ask them for a replacement (assuming its in warranty).

No I don't have another filter or the warranty, I can't find it
 
I have spent inxess of five hour once with my fluval 405 trying to stop a leak, everytime it was a different place, then suddenly it all clicked into place and worked like a dream, its remembering how you did it once it works for next time

take off the pipe, then push it down to the tightning circle, hold it there and screw up and over pipe, once it has gone over and you are met with a force, stop, don't over tighten as this will buckle the pipe hence leaking
 
I've done it
But I am so scared that pipe will pop
It's fine at the moment, could it just pop given that it was so easy to pop manually?
I am like a jibbering wreck!
 
Thanks for all the help and support everyone I will be on the coffee tonight so I can do the night watchman thing lol
 
Arrghh just had a lovely afternoon with the fam, as they started leaving I noticed the carpet was wet in front of the tank.
There was a pool of water in front of the canister, which was in a washing up bowl.
There was no water in the bowl, no water behind the bowl or to the sides of it.
The pipes are dry.
The canister is dry.
**mystery**
I immediately turned it off without checking anywhere else for leaks.
I mopped up the wet, none in the electrics. Then noticed out of the 4 clips there was a fast but little drop drop drop from 2 of them.
How it's not going in the bowl I don't know.
I've put towels down and they aren't soaking quickly.
So now what's going on?
So sorry to do this guys but you are a wealth of knowledge and support and with Easter holidays and no other service, I don't know what else to do.
 
Are those clips definately snapped shut over the canister body? How can the water not be in the bowl if its dripping from the clips? Mel do you have poltergeist in your house? :lol:
 
Are those clips definately snapped shut over the canister body? How can the water not be in the bowl if its dripping from the clips? Mel do you have poltergeist in your house? :lol:

I know it's so weird
Yes mate definitely closed tight
This is getting on my nerves, water and fire are 2 things you don't want all over your house
 
Im at a loss to know what else to suggest, (where's Rabbut when you need him!) aside from take it all apart again, empty, blah blah blah etc etc ......

You have more patience than I, cos if it was mine (fingers crossed mine never does this!!!), it would have been beaten with a hammer by now :lol:
 
Im at a loss to know what else to suggest, (where's Rabbut when you need him!) aside from take it all apart again, empty, blah blah blah etc etc ......

You have more patience than I, cos if it was mine (fingers crossed mine never does this!!!), it would have been beaten with a hammer by now :lol:

I've done all the emptying etc. took all the water out of it twice put it back together etc. I might have to get a giant pot of vaseline on it and see.
Bloody thing.

Interesting....

http://www.irishfishkeepers.com/cms/compon.../id,47655#47681
 
Grease it up Hon :lol:

Interesting link, I guess its the same with all filters, some people swear by one, whilst others hate em.

I hate to say this, being the independent type that I am, but have you had hubby look at it for you? :D
 
Grease it up Hon :lol:

Interesting link, I guess its the same with all filters, some people swear by one, whilst others hate em.

I hate to say this, being the independent type that I am, but have you had hubby look at it for you? :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HIM?! Are you joking?! I do all the DIY, gardening, putting together of furniture, painting, hanging pictures etc,he is useless!!!

Another one here
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=28626

Bugger it
 
Oh Ok, its just what with him seeing the extra blobs on the filter box, thought he might be useful, obviously not :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top