Need Help Urgently Please

No stop pumping with the taps off.

OK, turn the taps to off, turn off the electricity, in fact unplug it. Undo all the connections. Open it up and ensure all the baskets are in the correct position so that the hole lines up. Check the impellor and make sure its in the right place and can move freely (have you lubbed it?) Put the lid back on, making sure the pipe goes into the hole. Clip down securely. Then make sure all the pipes are completely straight, no kinks in them. The put the intake tube/connection back on the lid, ensuring you dont thread it. The put the outtake back on, again ensure its not wonky. Tighten. Check all connections, then make sure the taps are ON, pump the black knob again, it should fill, then turn on the electricity. It might take a couple of seconds for the water to pump back out.

Thing is I've only just cleaned it so I know the baskets are in right because I checked myself before setting it back up

I know the intake worked and the canister filled up

I can see the water now attempting to go back up to the outlet but its only getting half way, that is the problem

Oh why today, it's my daughter's 5th birthday and I have 20 for tea!!
 
Doesnt make sense why its not fully pumping back out, you sure the tap is completely ON? Because it can be adjusted to change the flow.
 
Thing is, it's not new, I'm not only just setting it up
It was working fine when I turned it off to clean it
The only place its seaping is where the taps meet the canister like the motor is squishing it out of there
The OUT is fully on
The IN is fully off because I'm scared it will overfill the canister if it has no way to outlet the water
It's full of water at the moment as it is, I can't pump any more in
Should I be pumping the black button AND have the motor going to get water out of the canister and back into the tank?
At the moment I'm only using the motor
Sorry to be such a dim wit
 
If its full of water, you dont need to pump the button, all you need to do is open the taps and turn on the electric and it should start to flow normally.
 
Mel, my Fluval did this to me the last time I cleaned it.
I got all worried that it had somehow "broken", but in fact all it took was a lot of patience.

With the motor turned off (make sure all seals are good), pump until water starts to flow back into the tank, then turn the motor on.
We tried for hours to get the flipping thing going again using the motor, but in the end it came down to man power (literally as I had to drag hubby in to help too).
 
I have got the syphon going now but both taps are leaking
They are both tight
Why oh why is this happening to me :(
 
ok mel relax, what i would do is turn off taps as if your going to clean it again, then make sure you have fastened the intake to the intake and out take to the out take, do they click shut? make sure also that the lid's on correctly with the gasket<big rubber band in correct place<that is what stop's the leaking, then open the intake first then outtake and leave for 1minute, then after a minute turn it on, you must make sure both taps are open before turning on, be ready to turn taps of if it leaks again
 
Nelly I've watched that vid 8 times pmsl
I've stopped and started and open and closed it 3 times now
It's leaking or seeping in 3 different places
-One is the lid where the O Ring is
-One is where the IN tap connects to the canister
-One is where the OUT hose connects to the tap
 
Doesnt sound good.

Right unconnect everything, empty the water out, grease the O ring, double check everything. Make sure the tubes are pushed right into the connector parts for the taps.

The go thru the connection/set up again step by step.
 
agreed with minx<wow nelly agree's with the minx mister> :blink:

It may be not screwed down correctly, ive had tonne's of fun like that with my old fluval 405's......hehe....buy a fluval fx5 they just click into place boom boom done....

Don't stress to much, it happen's to us all and 9times out of 10 it is something so simple and you will kick yourself
 
Not being funny but how the hell is this happening >>> me and hubby both have tried tightening the pipe to outlet tap and no matter how tight you make it, it pops out on one side. It's cut level.

The O Ring isn't leaking, there seems to be a leak that I've sealed now which is hard to explain, it's not the lid, it's about an inch below the lid.
 
Have you got another filter to keep running in case this isnt fixable? Im just asking, because if after the umpteenth time of trying its still leaking, I would be inclined to contact TT and ask them for a replacement (assuming its in warranty).
 

Most reactions

Back
Top