My New Malawi Landscaping

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hahahaha, ruddy awfull. dont know what has happened to my photos, there massive on my screen. LOL

That Rocks a Beauty Brewyn ! It`s like a meteor !

P.S My fav film in your collection has to be The Omen, they are re-making it this year doubt it will be as good as the original though.

That Rocks a Beauty Brewyn ! It`s like a meteor !

P.S My fav film in your collection has to be The Omen, they are re-making it this year doubt it will be as good as the original though.

Wow are they... I love The Omen.. im into horrors, I want to watch Silent Hill when its out over here. The PS2 game scared the living daisys outta me

you asked about under the rocks & possible build up...thisis why I use egg crate, I put the rocks directly on it then push in the sand around the base of the rock.

also, you can use pokers/think sticks or rods to poke around to release any build up.

I have to agree with taking out the pink/purple rock, maybe add some really tall plants (fake) so they go all the way to top water level, kinda off to the sides to balance out the look.

Hi Guys

I added my first lot of fish yesterday but I fear I have done the wrong thing. I took the LFS advice

I went into my lfs and told them my tank stats and they suggest that I introduce 10 at first into my 390 litre tank. They also said I should introduce pairs at first, so 5 pairs.

Is it ok to do this, I thought there was a specifica ratio of males and females.

After the first 10 they then said I should wait 2 weeks and then introduce another 10.

Could I please have your opinions?

I actually bought:

2 x chilotilapia Rhoadesii
2x Aulunocara Rubescens
2 x Pseudotropheus Demasoni
2 x Labidochromis Carreleus Kakusa
2 x Labidochromis Hongi Red Top

One of the 3" Aulunocara Rubescens has been "chasing" the other fish. He doesn't actually hurt them just swims fast towards them.
The Rhoadesii are about 2.5 inches. The others seem to be all juves.

The Demasoni are my favourite (and the most expensive!) and I would hate anything to happen to them at this early stage.

HI tigermad.I am not over familiar with your variety of fish you have mentioned but I am under the impression that your tank has not had time to cycle. adding too many fish at one time, and so early on can create problems, as your filter will not have had time to create enough bacteria to deal with the fish waste, etc. on the other hand I added about 100 fish to a newly set up tank and apart from having extremely high nitrates there was no other problems, I dealt with the nitrate problem by doing a daily 15% water change. keep an eye on your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. I have never heard of the kakusa part of carelius, and tout aulonacara have a different diet from your other cichlids. I have just rearanged my tank, would you like to see it?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back