My New Malawi Landscaping

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Blimey Dave, mine cost me £150 in total, there is about 75kg in there.

You have been robbed mate.It isnt cheap i know but £150 is way too much to pay.
I have about 55kg and cost £45 so maybe if i got 75kg the price would be about £65.Certainly lower than the price you paid.

Tanks looks great though.

Thats the LFS for you!

After a little advice I have taken a bit of sand out the front since the pic.

Thanks for all your advice guys. Just 1 more question.
Hopefully my tank will be cycled in May/June. But I will not rush things.

DO you think I need to introduce all the fish at once? I will be going on hols for 2 weeks in July and will only be using an automatic feeder. Will this be sufficient for 2 weeks feeding?

I got 25kg for £30 inc £15p&p so only really paid 15 for 25kg but when it arrived it was so heavy i must have weighed more because i had some 25kg weights and this was far heaviver and now in total i have about 75kg and have apyed about £40.

You should either do it all at once or in waves such as week 1 - 8 fish
week 2-8 fish week 3-4 fish.

Tank looks fantastic :good:

I've just finished setting up my Malawi tank too, and have started adding fish - x12 in week one, and another 6 in week two - will be getting another 6 or so this week.

Kim :)

Blimey Dave, mine cost me £150 in total, there is about 75kg in there.

You have been robbed mate.It isnt cheap i know but £150 is way too much to pay.
I have about 55kg and cost £45 so maybe if i got 75kg the price would be about £65.Certainly lower than the price you paid.

Tanks looks great though.

Mbuna Dave can I ask where you got your rocks from and which type please ?

Tigermad your Tank looks great I`d like to do something like that , I agree with the other person about the different coloured Rocks though I`d take those out but thats only my opinion.

Great Work Fantastic keep it up!

Nick

Hi

Beautiful Tank !!!!! Is that a Rena & what size is the tank ??? I paid the same for my ocean rock used about 2 x boxes of 25kg and its £ 2.95 a kg. Well that's where I live anyway.

I bet you can't wait to go shopping for the fish. :)

Sabby

Hi

Beautiful Tank !!!!! Is that a Rena & what size is the tank ??? I paid the same for my ocean rock used about 2 x boxes of 25kg and its £ 2.95 a kg. Well that's where I live anyway.

I bet you can't wait to go shopping for the fish. :)

Sabby

Hi

Yes it is a rena 4ft tank. 380 litres.

You are right I can't wait! I have had it running for 2 weeks but have changed the external filters twice so I guess its only been set up a couple of days really.

Still a long way to go before I add fish but I will certainly use the help of peeps on here for my fish selection.

I have been to a few stores and not many keep cichlids in stock

-_-

Regarding the different colour rocks. I agree that the tank will look better without them. But they cost about £15! :crazy:

I guess I have made a few buying mistakes on the way. I should have bought less gravel and given the coloured rocks a miss. This would have saved me a few quid!

Anybody wants some nice pieces of pink quartz and some pagoda rock :)

I have been to a few stores and not many keep cichlids in stock

-_-

Where abouts are you?

I'm in Leighton Buzzard, Beds

Do Hertfordshire Fisheries still keep Mbunas?

Oh poops.

I have read that article and anaerobic sand I am scared stiff now.

I dont have sand I have coral gravel.

Shall I take all the rock out again tomorrow and get rid of more gravel?

Surely the gravel behind the rocks will still become anaerobic unless the fish sieve through it.
I will not be able to get behind the rocks with my gravel cleaner

wow thats a great set, looks something like mine wil be when I get the Rio300. I will get my rock from pets at home 7.99 for a 2hole and 5.99 for a 1 hole. I will be having black substrate though if I can find any. i cant wait to see the tank with fish in.

I would remove it regardless of the effort you have made, I take it the article was the one I said to read? dont let it worrie you, its only really something that can happen with deep substrate, like you have just said, the fish will stir up thinner layers.

here is a piece of my ocean rock, the tv is 32" so it will give you some idea of the size. theres 5 of them, do you think there worth £60, they must weigh well over 200 kg.

Picture229.jpg

OMG thats a big piece of rock!

You would need a 100ft tank to fit that in!

thanks guys. I have just taken all of these out of my 6ft tank and about 30 pieces of tuffa rock. I do believe in lots of rock in a mbuna set up.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back