My Little Sycamore Bonzai Tree

I am lead to believe that if you pluck off all the leaves when thet have all come out it will produce a new batch a lot smaller and more in scale to the tree.

i tried making bonsai trees last summer... grew pine seedling, but they'v all died so far. so im going to try again this year ( probably with oak or willow)

i was thinking of using a bonsai tree in an aqua scape in the future (out of the water ofc) on a tresital bit of the scape think a weeping willow would look great. >.> worth a try?

Nice idea Mike, even if it doesn't work at least you will be left with a nice little Bonsai afterwards! :) Would love to do an Oak. Really nice trees.

Will try the tip about taking all the new leaves off next spring when it starts to bud again.

Wow! I always wanted a bonzai tree but I heard they are a lot of work. How hard can it be compared to fish keeping though? :lol:

chishnfips, Put it back in the ground. You can train it in the ground and it is better for the tree. Once a year dig it up and trim the tap root then re-plant it back in the ground. Do this for three to four years, Your tree will do better in the ground then the pot. Bonsai take years to grow and to shape ,I would look for this book Bonsai Techniques 2 By John Yoshio Naka he is a Master at Bonsai his books have great info. Good luck and enjoy it's not hard to do only patience and time grasshopper.

Wow! I always wanted a bonzai tree but I heard they are a lot of work. How hard can it be compared to fish keeping though? :lol:

In all fairness, mine are pretty easy to look after. I probably trim it two to three times a year and then put it in the greenhouse to over winter. Although, with the winter we are having so far i would say it would be ok outside! 13 degrees celcius on christmas day? B-) :S

Most reactions

trending

Back