My Juwel Rio 300 Journal!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yep i agree.. Just upgrade and deal with the problems later lol like I said previously I started with a 40 litre... Now I'm up to a 450 litre and it was actually my other half that mentioned getting an 800 litre :) so I just agreed lol

hahaha! so is the 800liter on the table? :p how many feet is that? :eek:
Yeah iv been given the all clear to get the 800 litre. It is 8 foot long, 2 feet high and 2 feet high. Think it works out at a little over 800 litres...

I was getting it this month but am still planning it visually and need to get the filters 1st which is going to be 2 fx5's. As much as I hate the look of them having owned one before, I don't think there are any other filters out there powerful enough to handle the volume of the tank.

Thats awesome :) well, I'm sure the FX5 will be hidden away in the cabinet i assume? So dont worry, you wouldn't have to look at them much :p
Yes they will be hidden. As was my other fx5 but it used to depress me when I had to see it lol trust me if there was an alternative filter (or 2) to the fx5's then i would definitely but them lol

Hahahaha!! Look at us getting depresso over the look of a mostly hidden filter :p #FirstWorldProblems LOL!

Lol if it doesn't look good then I don't like it :)

Updated - Just took another photo with the water clear, thought I uploaded it a few days ago but didn't haha.

34fe9aa7.jpg

Nice tank, will look even better when it fills out with plants :good:

Looking nice :good:

Thanks man, still got a bit to go :p it looks so bare haha
It may look bare now but it will soon fill out when the plants start to grow :good:

I put 5 plants in my Rio 400, 3 of which is valis and since putting them in iv got a further 5 lots of valis that's grown through from the 3 I started with :) so I know have plants growing all over the tank.

I also put in a couple of rocks as caves and 1 or 2 rocks just spread around the tank. It's now filling up nicely. Il get a recent pic up later.

It may look bare now but it will soon fill out when the plants start to grow :good:

I put 5 plants in my Rio 400, 3 of which is valis and since putting them in iv got a further 5 lots of valis that's grown through from the 3 I started with :) so I know have plants growing all over the tank.

I also put in a couple of rocks as caves and 1 or 2 rocks just spread around the tank. It's now filling up nicely. Il get a recent pic up later.

Oh wow that's awesome haha, I actually bought a few more today! I'll upload a pic tomorrow once the water has cleared up a bit again :) do you use C02 / ferts with your plants or just the lighting is enough?

Oh wow that's awesome haha, I actually bought a few more today! I'll upload a pic tomorrow once the water has cleared up a bit again :) do you use C02 / ferts with your plants or just the lighting is enough?
Sounds good :) no, iv never used anything for my plants and iv had no problems at all, I just have the lights on a timer set to come on for 5 hours (from 6pm til 11pm).

My flowerhorn and Ornate Bichir have got to the stage where they know the light coming on = 2nd feeding of the day :) I feed 3 times a day as flowerhorns have a fast motabalism

Sounds good :) no, iv never used anything for my plants and iv had no problems at all, I just have the lights on a timer set to come on for 5 hours (from 6pm til 11pm).

My flowerhorn and Ornate Bichir have got to the stage where they know the light coming on = 2nd feeding of the day :) I feed 3 times a day as flowerhorns have a fast motabalism

Wow thats great!! Let's hope I'm that lucky :p

Wow thats great!! Let's hope I'm that lucky :p

Hope all goes well for you :) so far your doing great :good:

3 Week Update

3 weeks in and so far so good :) added more plants and some river rock, as well as some driftwood with java moss, think I want to scape it a little better though, it's going to look a bit like an underwater jungle if i keep it like this! haha

d039ac38.jpg

Hope all goes well for you :) so far your doing great :good:

Thanks man! :)

Waw man, no checked your thread in a while. What a difference! I quite like the 'jungle' look :lol:

Niccceeeeee

Thanks man! haha :) I'm still not 100% sure on the jungle look, I think I want to scape it a little better something isn't sitting right with me lol, maybe i'll just have to get in there and play around and see!

I love the heavy planted jungle look, go for it! :D Tank is looking brilliant, pretty jealous :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back