My Juwel Rio 300 Journal!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I love the heavy planted jungle look, go for it! :D Tank is looking brilliant, pretty jealous :good:

Haha thanks Ross :) I'm jealous of how amazing your planted tanks look, cant wait to get them looking stunning like yours! haha :good:

I love your plants!
laugh.gif

Thanks =D been faced with a few challenges lately (mainly algea) however slowly getting that under control now :)

All i think you need is one of those half cut coconuts! Looking nice and keep up the good picture updates!

Hi guys! I haven't posted any updates lately in this thread. I had a bit of an algae issue with my old setup, spoke to a few people on here in other threads and turns out it most likely was because I stopped the Flourish Excel, I played around with my Co2 levels, lighting and flow too which was all fine. 

Since my last set up I've now installed an inline CO2 system and an Inline heater, which are both running fantastic! 

I decided to do a re-scape, what do you think? I'm wanting to add a few more fish slowly as well, do you think there is enough hiding spots etc for my fish or should I look at creating more? Comments appreciated, thanks :) 

39f0b7fa-d3bb-4f00-b77e-760aaf6abf66_zps348db8b8.jpg

IMG_0370_zpsa11beadc.jpg

IMG_0372_zps52b59001.jpg

Looks awesome. The wood you have in there is gorgeous. I wish I could find some like that. Did you buy the background online? I'm waiting for my juwel to arrive and think your background looks brilliant

SarahMarie said:
Looks awesome. The wood you have in there is gorgeous. I wish I could find some like that. Did you buy the background online? I'm waiting for my juwel to arrive and think your background looks brilliant
Thanks Sarah-Maree - You've probably figured I posted in a previous thread as well with regards to the above haha. 

I bought the background at a local store in Melbourne but found them online as well, I highly recommend it if you're wanting to black out the back of ur Juwel, the fish love it and it's really awesome! It adds some nice depth into the tank as well, and its not too large either which means you have room to play around with the wood etc in the tank and scape it quite nicely. 

Have you been looking at any local shops in the UK with regards to the wood? 

Thanks. I've just been to my LFS to collect my tank and they're going to ring the juwel rep to get prices for the backgrounds etc and see if they can get any discount for me :D
And my LFS doesn't have any wood so I tried a less reputable place and they had some but nothing particularly eye-catching! I especially like the wood on the far right of your tank :)

It looks fantastic!!! Im gonna have fun trying to get mine right :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back