My Juwel Rio 300 Journal!

All looking good mate.....I'm a little bit jealous! Makes my 90 litre look like a nano!!

Haha! Thanks man :) I'm sure there will be a time where you upgrade the 90l :good: just added some more photos :)

Got to convince the troble and stife (wife!!!) for that!!

I like the look of your sand. I am going to do a rescape in November and am wondering whether to change to it from gravel......or I was wondering about having both! :blink:

All looking good mate.....I'm a little bit jealous! Makes my 90 litre look like a nano!!

Haha! Thanks man :) I'm sure there will be a time where you upgrade the 90l :good: just added some more photos :)

Got to convince the troble and stife (wife!!!) for that!!

I like the look of your sand. I am going to do a rescape in November and am wondering whether to change to it from gravel......or I was wondering about having both! :blink:

Just do it I say, reward yourself haha! Rescape sounds awesome, pretty exciting stuff! I did read on here about having sand and gravel in the one tank, few people said the sand got into the gravel section etc... and eventually it merged together, so you may have to separate them somehow? I chose sand however as people kept saying how much easier it was to clean, I think go with the sand :) I changed from gravel and I think it was a really good choice, I'll let you know if the cleaning etc.. is true :p

Yep i agree.. Just upgrade and deal with the problems later lol like I said previously I started with a 40 litre... Now I'm up to a 450 litre and it was actually my other half that mentioned getting an 800 litre :) so I just agreed lol

dbanner said:
Yep i agree.. Just upgrade and deal with the problems later lol like I said previously I started with a 40 litre... Now I'm up to a 450 litre and it was actually my other half that mentioned getting an 800 litre :) so I just agreed lol

A very understanding other half.
yes.gif

hahaha! so is the 800liter on the table? :p how many feet is that? :eek:

Great tank choice, it will look fab once you scape it. Nothing beats a brand-new, scratch free tank :nod:

DBanner is having an 8fter!

PROGRESS

Day 5

Today I went out and bought my plants and rock, I also purchased some mesh and fishing wire so I can grow my moss :) I put my plants in and my rock, followed by the driftwood from my previous tank, I then removed the filter media from my old filter and put it in my new one (Fluval 406 External), connected up the hoses, primed etc... and off it went! At first the filter had some loud noises but that stopped after 5-10 seconds and it was virtually silent :) just a slight 'hum' which is awesome and the occasional sound of trickling water.

I then moved my fish over - at first they were a little freaked out with their new home and conditions, but at the moment they are currently swimming around discovering it all. I'd say they have settled in quite quickly, they don't seem too frazzled anymore. My bristlenose LOVEEEEEE the sand :)

I also changed some of my T5 lighting, on one set I have x1 Natural and x1 Day and on the other set x2 Blue (I realize these are more for marine tanks however I think it looks good, the shop also had it on display). If there is something better I can or should use for night light, please let me know, I would love to hear. I have been looking for LED lights and submersible lights however at the moment this will do.

I'll also be heading back over the next week to get some more plants and rock, at the moment I think it looks great, so far so good :) would love to hear any thoughts, comments or suggestions you may have :)

Moss on slate with fishing wire to hold it down and then moss embedded in mesh and fishing wire.
2222f6a0.jpg

My baby all set up :) (x1 Natural and x1 Day T5 lights)
2dc51fd9.jpg

And again with T5 blue lights
de0f233b.jpg

Great tank choice, it will look fab once you scape it. Nothing beats a brand-new, scratch free tank :nod:

DBanner is having an 8fter!

Thanks!! I literally just posted my day 5 progress, and it's all done :) (just need to add some more plants etc).

Ohhh 8feet, thats HUGE lol

It's nice when it all comes together. Looking good. Is this vallis right in the middle? It looks so lush and green! Blue light is fine even without going marine. I think it is a nice way to calm the fish down before it is night time.

Have fun growing moss. It's worse than watching paint dry :lol: I'm growing mine in a small tank on the kitchen window...

What fish are in? I can't see any.

Yeah iv been given the all clear to get the 800 litre. It is 8 foot long, 2 feet high and 2 feet high. Think it works out at a little over 800 litres...

I was getting it this month but am still planning it visually and need to get the filters 1st which is going to be 2 fx5's. As much as I hate the look of them having owned one before, I don't think there are any other filters out there powerful enough to handle the volume of the tank.

Yeah iv been given the all clear to get the 800 litre. It is 8 foot long, 2 feet high and 2 feet high. Think it works out at a little over 800 litres...

I was getting it this month but am still planning it visually and need to get the filters 1st which is going to be 2 fx5's. As much as I hate the look of them having owned one before, I don't think there are any other filters out there powerful enough to handle the volume of the tank.

Thats awesome :) well, I'm sure the FX5 will be hidden away in the cabinet i assume? So dont worry, you wouldn't have to look at them much :p

It's nice when it all comes together. Looking good. Is this vallis right in the middle? It looks so lush and green! Blue light is fine even without going marine. I think it is a nice way to calm the fish down before it is night time.

Have fun growing moss. It's worse than watching paint dry :lol: I'm growing mine in a small tank on the kitchen window...

What fish are in? I can't see any.

Thanks :) yep I'm pretty sure it is, I picked a few different ones and forgot to write down the names :blink: ohhh are you serious about the moss? :unsure: that's upsetting LOL!!

Most of the fish were hiding when I took the photo as I just put them in - I have a ghost knife, glass cat, neon tetras, ram, pakistani loach and 3 bristlenose :)

Thats awesome :) well, I'm sure the FX5 will be hidden away in the cabinet i assume? So dont worry, you wouldn't have to look at them much :p
Yes they will be hidden. As was my other fx5 but it used to depress me when I had to see it lol trust me if there was an alternative filter (or 2) to the fx5's then i would definitely but them lol

Yes they will be hidden. As was my other fx5 but it used to depress me when I had to see it lol trust me if there was an alternative filter (or 2) to the fx5's then i would definitely but them lol

Hahahaha!! Look at us getting depresso over the look of a mostly hidden filter :p #FirstWorldProblems LOL!

Most reactions

trending

Back