My Fishless Cycle

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
My link

"the sera gravel cleaner is simply connected to an air pump, e.g. sera air pump 100 plus."

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Even if I can get this vaccume to work......I need to get in little corners. I need to fashion something smaller to put on the end. Any ideas?

DAY *whatever, 82 or something*

Have found another use for the API Testing Kits:

They are BRILLIANT for letting you know you cut your finger at work but didn't realise! :crazy:

When my bottle of flourish excel arrived it was leaking... I got it in a cut... It bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping hurt.

The API tubes are a good way of showing how clumsy you are, I knock them over every other time my hand is near them.

Make sure you give it a good wash caz you aren't really meant to get them on your skin never mind cuts :p

oh caz I forgot to mention, I got the marina battery powered syphon and it worked. I was aware of your problem so rather than shoving it in the sand I moved it in a circular motion so that the..waste spun up of the sand. This reduces the amount of sand that can get into it vastly. I did hear it making funny sounds when more sand than should have syphoned through it. Its done a fairly good job of cleaning the substrate so far, hopefully it won't break.

So, circular motions approximately an inch above the substrate to raise it, you can then hover it right above the substrate to pick up any remaining

Thanks for the heads up, hope yours works better for you now :)

Yeah that's what I did too. I tried it in just a sink full of water and it still cut out so I think it's faulty. Sending it back! ;)

Make sure you give it a good wash caz you aren't really meant to get them on your skin never mind cuts :p
Correct, Excel is a chemical known to cause cancer over time if there were a lot of exposure. Be sure to rinse/wash your hands after dosing your water column for the plants.

~~waterdrop~~

Yeah I read the effects that the API liquid test kits had on rats/other animals and it was quite worrying. So be careful :)

Gah, I'll try and get the Marina one I think. I read a thing on the Chaterhouse website and someone else had had the same prob as me. Apparently they won't take it back if that's the reason coz the product "isn't faulty". I notice this other person told them they should have a thing on the blurb that says it isn't suitable for use with sand but they still haven't!

My Gouramis have built a bubble nest!

No it's the Eheim. Unless that's the same one?

Bubble nest, for breeding........they are not 2 females lol. People reckons it's unlikely to be a prob though.

You bought the eheim one? thats like 40 quid, top of the range one isn't it? Should bloody work! mine was 12 pound and does a great job...!

Congrats :p (kind of...didn't you want 2 females though :lol: )

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back