My Fishless Cycle

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm not so sure about Gouramis but cichlids fight and squabble whilst they find the dominant fish so I'm sure its normal.

Not so relaxing fish keeping is it caz :lol:

No it isn't! Frankly I think it might have been less stress if I'd just had a baby! :lol:

BTW WD I've ordered that battery vacume thing I showed you. I just figured it prob is the best idea for me, to approach the substrate cleaning and water change as 2 different things. So it's worth the money. I hope LOL!

Whichone have you ordered caz? I'm thinking of ordering this one

My link

They have it at my LFS for 21 quid so its quite a good deal. Only JUST long enough for my tank. I was going to get the sera one that is basically a normal syphon but with a sponge but its the same price as this so seems worth it.

There is a lot of mess on my substrate everyday so I fancied getting one of these. The eheim one looks awesome but 40-50 quid is to much!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That's the one I've ordered the expensive one. I know it's prob stupid. I just hoped that as it's expensive it'll be good. If it works it'll make my cleaning so much easier as I am eternally cack handed so I can just focus on one thing at a time lol.

Eeek Simon don't bother. I just used mine, it worked for about 5 seconds then stopped. Thenit occured to me......it's the SAND isn't it! It knackers the motors! I cleaned it out but it just does the same thing again 5 secs later :(

I'm getting really annoyed with not being answered in the emergency section btw. My fish's symptoms are quite generic, I just want an experienced persons opinion of what it is so I can treat it. I've asked some really basic questions too and no-one (except for a couple doing their best) answers me. I just don't believe no-one knows!

Ruby's head's going all dark and patchy :(

Eeek Simon don't bother. I just used mine, it worked for about 5 seconds then stopped. Thenit occured to me......it's the SAND isn't it! It knackers the motors! I cleaned it out but it just does the same thing again 5 secs later :(

You should hover it just above the sand, though it probably would still result in the same after a few more seconds.

Classified section is that way *points downwards*

Sand shouldn't knacker motors that quickly :crazy: I already ordered one cos I really need it. If it doesn't work I'll be sending it back and get a sera manual one instead

I noticed that in the emergency section, I think a lot of people just don't know so google is your friend..

Sand shouldn't knacker motors that quickly :crazy: I already ordered one cos I really need it. If it doesn't work I'll be sending it back and get a sera manual one instead

I noticed that in the emergency section, I think a lot of people just don't know so google is your friend..

Don't even use it Simon, send it back without opening :p, just put a stocking on the end of a standard gravel vacuum and siphon it into a bucket then once you're done pour the bucket back into the tank! then throw the stocking with poop out or wash it.

I've tried. They have definite symptoms of 3 things (parasites, bacteria infection and gill flukes) and I just don't know which to go for.

I have the Interpret Internal Bacteria medicine, kinda figuring that it might tackle whatever it is but I dosed with the Liquisil General Tonic only yesterday so the most pressing thing is I need to know how soon I can dose the bacteria one. None of them SEEM on death's door right now but you never know do you and they might be in pain for all I know.

As for that bleeping vaccume.......I actually could argue it with them coz it doesn't say anywhere you can't use it with sand. Let me know what yours is like Simon. I wonder if mine's just faulty. Wouldn't surprise me!!!! :lol:

My platy seems pretty lethargic still but only the platy. The rest are active, #32###( Don't say the lord's son's name in vein, or thou shall be censored) the Honey is zooming around like a Lamborghini

Thats what I was thinking caz, I should get it in the next couple of days so I will tell you if it works differently. It says aquarium cleaner and its well known that people put sand in aquariums. I will try it none the less, it was only 12ish quid so if it doesn't work and they don't take it back, i'll leave an evil message and buy a sera one :lol:

i'm to lazy to syphon it out then back in :p Plus I'd have to get a new syphon anyway cos I need to get into hard to reach areas and around plants which is prooving difficult.

Don't even use it Simon, send it back without opening :p, just put a stocking on the end of a standard gravel vacuum and siphon it into a bucket then once you're done pour the bucket back into the tank! then throw the stocking with poop out or wash it.

What a brilliant idea !!!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back