The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lol really? Joshua has it too!

We've obviously great taste !!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bless Pets@Home!

I'm a bit concerned by fish have internal parasites or something. If any of you are good with stuff like that and haven't seen it will you go and look at my post in the emergency section? I hope it's just my usual paranoia but if they need medicine then I want to get it asap.

Caz, you are going through every problem in the book! :lol: I don't know much about them but there are guides to it randomly dotted about on the website. I'm sure they're just stressed fishies..! mine were really stressed when I put them in, they just sat on the bottom with their gills and mouths moving a lot.

What is it you're actually seeing?

If it was just the lethargy etc and Platys hanging near the top I wouldn't worry so much but it's the whiteish (in parts) poo that worries me. Thought I'm not sure I'd describe it as stringy. Not really sure what people mean when they say that?

I'm not sure. I think my fish had constipation when I first added them. So yours might be the opposite, i'd double check to be sure though, i'm not sure what whiteish fish poo can mean... I noticed people do ask whether its white when someone posts that their fish is ill

LOl I know. I think it's coz it can indicate parasites. What I need to know though is if it ALWAYS means illness or if it can just be like you say stress or a bad diet or something. Coz if it can be the latter I'll wait a while. If it always means illness then I'll get meds straight away.

One of the tanks at the LFS had whitespot. It was a shame coz it was the Gold Comet Platy tank which I love. I was literaly just about to ask for one when I spotted the fish with it.

You might want to take precautionary action by preventing whitespot (and for whatever else white poo can mean!) because often LFS tanks have more than one tank hooked up to the same filter? and because prevention is better than cure sometimes. You best find out what to do....

Bit annoying but better safe than sorry I guess...

I know not only is there the issue of them maybe contracting that(tho I do think all the tanks had seperate filters), there's the other symptoms they have which could be about 3/4 different things, all with different meds so I'm like waaaaaaaaah someone help.

Hopefully when I get home they'll have settled in better and be fine.

Our platy has become a little lethargic though its like his 2nd week so we're putting it down to being tired. Water stats are perfect, no signs of illness no damage and no bullying.

I thought fish poo was nearly always light brown/white lol!

Ok I now think one of my Gouramis is bulling the other. She was chasing her last night and then I found the little one hiding behind the filter almost montionless. She came out again eventually and looked slightly better this morning but not loads. So yeah, dunno if she's ill or being bullied or both.

This does throw up the question of if they are actually both female. I have a nasty feeling I have a male and female :(

Not at all unusual gourami behavior regardless of sex. You are getting some firsthand experience of the clear behaviorial differences between anabantoids and livebearers and tetras. The anabantoids can be a little more stressful sometimes but often you may find that it doesn't go overboard. They also are noticably more unpredictable as to what behavior you see in a given fish.

~~waterdrop~~

Hiya

Do you think it'll calm down? I'm hoping the bigger one is just making the point she's the bigger one.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back