Most Least/expensive Fish You Have Bought

cheapest fish ive bought would probably be 40 or so neon tetras for my 180litre planted tank. carnt remember how much they were but iirc i got a small discount for buying that many.

dearest would be my koi which is around the £200 mark.
 
CheAp fish red eye tetra $1.50
Most medusa pleco $36

But I bought 3 blue acaras online for $5 but the shipping was $45. So the $5 fish ended being not so cheap.
 
cheapest will be free glaxy rasbora coming tomorrow :)
most expensive angels of festivum £6 each roughly

Hope the galaxy's are settling in well josh, they were my best value fish for £2 each. and i've managed to breed them!

My cheapest has to be a neon tetra or harlequin rasbora, about £1 ish or less. most expensive will probably be my BN's at about £5 each.
 
Least and most both at the same place. I have picked up lots of fish at auction.
Least was the minimum allowed bid of $1 for a bag of juvenile angels.
Most was $18 for a pair of goodeids.

I was very tempted by some Skiffia francesae that went for $38 a pair but managed to control the urge, just barely.
 
Least and most both at the same place. I have picked up lots of fish at auction.
Least was the minimum allowed bid of $1 for a bag of juvenile angels.
Most was $18 for a pair of goodeids.

I was very tempted by some Skiffia francesae that went for $38 a pair but managed to control the urge, just barely.

Skiffia francesae are very rare but you ideally need a grope of at least 6 fish which makes them expensive.
 
Least: $1something for various fish... giant danios, hybrid rainbowfish, black kuhli loaches, etc etc
Most: $25 for our Black Ghost Knife
 
Least: $0.10 gold fish that lived for 1+ years in a 1/2 gal bowl (back before I knew anything about fishkeeping). Ultimately didn't even die under my care -- United Airlines forced me to check her as baggage and then lost her en route!!!
 
HelterSkelter, the francesae were being offered as pairs at the ALA convention and a few pairs went for $38 to $45. If I had been comfortable with being able to care for them, I could have come home with a large breeding group. There are times that the cost is not the primary factor, which is why I resisted the urge. Maybe, with a few more years of diverse livebearer experience, I will feel up to trying some, but not yet.
 
Most Expensive: My new Betta Ruby (I no it's a girls name...) £5.95 (10% store card discount

Cheapest: Harlequins 5 for £10 or free fry!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top