what is your most highly used, staple for fish foods…

Magnum Man33 147

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Joined
Jun 21, 2023
Messages
7,633
Reaction score
6,886
Points
113
Location
Southern MN
while I have several that I feed to a wide variety of fish… it seems in every rank the spirolina algae cookies are a fish favorite, and a few seem to go into every tank, at most feedings, so it is the food I use the most of, as now I’ve begun buying it in the largest package…

 
I feed a lot of Kens Premium Grow meal.
I know it is not the best but there several sizes and I actually never had an issue using it when I was breeding and raising fish that people said were above industry standards.
I offer several other choices including frozen and a few specialty foods like Golden pearls and use Boyds vitamins weekly so maybe I am just lucky.
I completely walked away from flakes almost a decade ago.
 
The Jehmco Algae Sinking Discs have much better ingredients those Amazon Sinking Spirulina Alage Wafers. Go back and read my thread here and compare the Jehmco ingredient list to your choice.
https://www.fishforums.net/threads/spirulina-foods.499325/

The first ingredient listed for the Jehmco wafers is Spirulina powder. And the
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: Min. Crude Protein - 28%; Min. Crude Fat - 6%; Min. Crude Fiber - 6%; Max. Moisture - 10%

The first ingredient listed on the Amazon wafer is Fish Meal. And their Apx. Analysis on the label is
Protein 30% Fat 7.5% Fiber 4.5% Moisture 10.5%
(Does Apx. stand for aproximate?)

The main difference is that your food is much smaller than mine. But I have found sinking food soften in water and size is less important unless one has very few fish and needs to feed very little food in a tank.

I feed the Jehmco wafers to both bristlnose and neocaridina shrimp. they both can eat it. Most of my dry foods are now Ebo Aquaristik.

I also feed kensfish Ken's Premium Vegetable Sticks With Calcium for my shrimp but see the corys eating them as well as brstlenose:

Ingredients: Fish Meal, Spirulina, Garlic Powder, Celery, Carrots, Squash, Spinach, Zucchini, Broccoli, Sweet Potato, Tomato, Pea Powder, Gluten Flour, Soy Flour, Corn Starch, Menhaden Oil, Vitamin & Mineral Supplement. Calcium, Asorbic Acid (Source Of Vitamin C). Natural And Some Artificial Coloring. No Preservatives

Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein 40.0% Min., Crude Fat 7.0% Min., Crude Fiber 7.0% Max., Moisture 8.0% Max.

I also use the Ebo Veggie Sticks 4 mm sizie:

Composition100% vegetables (50% pumpkin, 50% peas)
ID no.DEBW118005
Shelf life &
Storage
When ordered, the food can be kept for at least 11 months at room temperature.
Store correctly:
Always store food in a dark and covered place so that the ingredients are preserved.
To increase the shelf life, store the food in the refrigerator (it will then keep for about twice as long).
Do not freeze this product. Many ingredients are lost during the freezing process.
 
Northfin community or nano bits and Fluval Bug Bites are the staple dry goods in our household 😁🇨🇦
 

Most reactions

Back
Top