Mental Albino Corys

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lukejwindsor

Reaction score
My corys are hilarious -- far from being bottom feeders they keep swimming really hard to get to the filter output at top of the tank, and then ride the wave from it all the way across my 4foot tank!

Has anyone else seen this before?!

My corys are hilarious -- far from being bottom feeders they keep swimming really hard to get to the filter output at top of the tank, and then ride the wave from it all the way across my 4foot tank!

Has anyone else seen this before?!

They must be surfer dudes from California.

I would LOVE to see a video of that.

hi lukejwindsor

iv never seen them do that before would be great to see a video of then :good:

Yes
My Corys love to play in the water streams. I usually keep air wands in most of the tanks and they love to dance in the air bubbles. I don't have all of them set up again since I moved but let me post a couple of snaps of dancing Corys:

PA050024-2.jpg

C. wietzmani, C. duplicarus, C. panda and maybe some gossei and a suessi

PA050037-2.jpg

C. sterbai, Brochis splendens

9-9-07005-2.jpg

9-2-07037-2.jpg

9-2-07023-2.jpg

07-20-071510-2.jpg

green neon lasers

cories059-2.jpg

cories056-2.jpg

cories062-2.jpg

The pandas, duplicarus, gossei, suessi in an earlier tank before the weitzmani

P22500902pepperreunion13.jpg

Pepper welcome home dance when new ones were added to the lonely two

The third group of 4 pics are called green neons by my import/supplier. But I believe they are generally known as green lasers or green stripe.

An article on lasers at PlanetCatfish
here

The catelog thumbnail at PlanetCatfish
here

These are the absolutely most gorgeous fish! NEONCORY has some. Maybe Barracuda and maybe Inchworm. Neither NEONCORY or myself have had them spawn yet. But I have had Corys for several years before they spawned. I just saw a lady checking potential egg laying sites with a fella the other day. Mine had a heater incident soon after I got them and they had a terrible bout with columnaris. All recovered but one, but they have not recovered their boldness yet and are still shy from the experience. But I am hopeful having seen the little courtship episode the other day.

The third group of 4 pics are called green neons by my import/supplier. But I believe they are generally known as green lasers or green stripe.

An article on lasers at PlanetCatfish
here

The catelog thumbnail at PlanetCatfish
here

These are the absolutely most gorgeous fish! NEONCORY has some. Maybe Barracuda and maybe Inchworm. Neither NEONCORY or myself have had them spawn yet. But I have had Corys for several years before they spawned. I just saw a lady checking potential egg laying sites with a fella the other day. Mine had a heater incident soon after I got them and they had a terrible bout with columnaris. All recovered but one, but they have not recovered their boldness yet and are still shy from the experience. But I am hopeful having seen the little courtship episode the other day.

Truly awesome looking. I think I'll wait a while and get more experience with what I currently have before I try those.

You must be very proud of them, at least you should be.

Yeah, corys are notoriously curious. I can't pass by my tank without, at least, one of them wondering what I'm doing. And, don't vacuum the tank...That really gets the whole tank going. LOL

Long ago I kept about 7 or 8 trilineatus with a few mollies in a 125. It had 2 HOB filters on it to keep the water clean and needless to say, with a tank that size, the currents were strong. For some reason both the cories and the mollies liked to play with the flow of the filter on the left end but neither one ever played in the current of the filter on the right. It was funny to watch the mollies and cories line up close behind each other to take a turn riding the current to the bottom. The cories were much more playful than the mollies but both groups would swim into the current from the side and ride it to the bottom, then climb back to the top of the tank like a bunch of kids on a slide in a playground.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back