Meet my oscars

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

I have to claim the credit for that one I thought it was funny but my youngest calls it tony Blair full name like itā€™s one word so she kind of makes it funnier , I think animal names should be funny I think itā€™s cringe when people have dogs called Tyson and rocko n stuff mine are called beans and toast our other dog died the start of the year n he was called nelson lol
I've genuinely broken out laughing about 3 times today thinking about Tony Blair the rabbit. Need to go for some really obscure politicians like a budgie called Eric Pickles or a ferret called Nick Clegg.

Wills

I've genuinely broken out laughing about 3 times today thinking about Tony Blair the rabbit. Need to go for some really obscure politicians like a budgie called Eric Pickles or a ferret called Nick Clegg.

Wills
Itā€™s just normal now Iā€™m my house , my brother always asks what mad name any new animal has I should of called the turtle David Cameron because itā€™s a reptile but I just liked Ted Bundy to much at the time ahahah ,my wife wants a Guinea pig for some reason but she knows itā€™s going to be called Gordon brown she doesnā€™t get the jokes really Iā€™d like to have Blairā€™s whole cabinet roster in rodents

Wills
One of our past Prime Ministers was called Tony Abbot. When you call him Mr Abbot, it sounds like Mr Rabbit

In addition to Mr Abbot as our PM, our treasurer was Peter Costello. So we had Abbot and Costello running out country for a few years :)

One of our past Prime Ministers was called Tony Abbot. When you call him Mr Abbot, it sounds like Mr Rabbit

In addition to Mr Abbot as our PM, our treasurer was Peter Costello. So we had Abbot and Costello running out country for a few years :)
And now Tony Abbot is advising the UK government :)

As long as we all agree that Star Trek > Star Wars

I'll go hide now...
tumblr_lwhp842p0o1qm6como1_500.gif

Itā€™s just normal now Iā€™m my house , my brother always asks what mad name any new animal has I should of called the turtle David Cameron because itā€™s a reptile but I just liked Ted Bundy to much at the time ahahah ,my wife wants a Guinea pig for some reason but she knows itā€™s going to be called Gordon brown she doesnā€™t get the jokes really Iā€™d like to have Blairā€™s whole cabinet roster in rodents

You're all mad, but it's hilarious! :rofl:
Guinea pigs really need to be kept in little groups, so if she's determined to have guinea pigs, you can certainly have a cabinet of them!

Maul is beautiful, pretty cool name for an Oscar! I'm terrible at naming things... I nearly named a cat Isis years ago, after the Egyptian god, and was relieved a few years later for obvious reasons that I'd changed my mind and called her Poppy instead..!

Guinea pigs really need to be kept in little groups, so if she's determined to have guinea pigs, you can certainly have a cabinet of them!

Maul is beautiful, pretty cool name for an Oscar! I'm terrible at naming things... I nearly named a cat Isis years ago, after the Egyptian god, and was relieved a few years later for obvious reasons that I'd changed my mind and called her Poppy instead..!
imagine having a cat called isis that would be a shocker but hilarious at the same time, I didnā€™t know guinea pigs needs company , is a pair ok or would they still prefer 3-4 , I assumed they were similar to rabbits and could end up fighting ,
N yeah my house is strange it maybe a little controversial sometimes but itā€™s always a laugh lol

imagine having a cat called isis that would be a shocker but hilarious at the same time, I didnā€™t know guinea pigs needs company , is a pair ok or would they still prefer 3-4 , I assumed they were similar to rabbits and could end up fighting ,
N yeah my house is strange it maybe a little controversial sometimes but itā€™s always a laugh lol

I haven't kept guinea pigs since I was a kid myself - many, many moons ago! So my knowledge is out of date.

Back then, I was told and kept them in minimum of a pair, like a couple of females together, a male joined them for mating, then removed the male. But the craze for keeping rabbits and guinea pigs as indoor pets (back in my day, they were in hutches in the garden, and I was spoiled since my dad build large runs in a shed just for my rabbits and guineas - my house growing up sounds a lot like yours, tons of pets since parents were also animal mad) but I've heard since that guineas are happier in groups of like, six or more? Don't take my word for it, do some research, have just seen the odd adorable video of people keeping them in groups, and it is pretty cute! The logic is that since in the wild, cavies do live in little colonies, and they're a prey animal, so they feel safer and happier with a group of them together. :)

By the way, baby guineas are born with fur, quite large heads, and little back legs, so they kinda look like furry frogs. Totally adorable and fun for kids to raise them! Good way to learn responsibility, nature, genetics etc.
Check out this herd of them though... think of all the names you could have! Be warned, if you keep them indoors, they squeak all the time...

I haven't kept guinea pigs since I was a kid myself - many, many moons ago! So my knowledge is out of date.

Back then, I was told and kept them in minimum of a pair, like a couple of females together, a male joined them for mating, then removed the male. But the craze for keeping rabbits and guinea pigs as indoor pets (back in my day, they were in hutches in the garden, and I was spoiled since my dad build large runs in a shed just for my rabbits and guineas - my house growing up sounds a lot like yours, tons of pets since parents were also animal mad) but I've heard since that guineas are happier in groups of like, six or more? Don't take my word for it, do some research, have just seen the odd adorable video of people keeping them in groups, and it is pretty cute! The logic is that since in the wild, cavies do live in little colonies, and they're a prey animal, so they feel safer and happier with a group of them together. :)

By the way, baby guineas are born with fur, quite large heads, and little back legs, so they kinda look like furry frogs. Totally adorable and fun for kids to raise them! Good way to learn responsibility, nature, genetics etc.
Check out this herd of them though... think of all the names you could have! Be warned, if you keep them indoors, they squeak all the time...
The video is disabled

My partner wants to keep one outside but Iā€™m a sucker for animals I really am my rabbit is kept indoors we have a pantry that is used so it has a dog bed and everything lol , I guess the question is really can they live with rabbits , itā€™s a mini lop rabbit and is part dog now it hates being in itā€™s room and loves my girls if I could keep them with my rabbit it have a few as itā€™s no extra hassle , my girls love anything thatā€™s involving to be fair my youngest is obsessed with the potato plant we have itā€™s so cute to watch her water potatoā€™s lol , I want a dwarf goat and a micro pig but my partner is an actual adult and stops me from buying them ahahah

My partner wants to keep one outside but Iā€™m a sucker for animals I really am my rabbit is kept indoors we have a pantry that is used so it has a dog bed and everything lol , I guess the question is really can they live with rabbits , itā€™s a mini lop rabbit and is part dog now it hates being in itā€™s room and loves my girls if I could keep them with my rabbit it have a few as itā€™s no extra hassle , my girls love anything thatā€™s involving to be fair my youngest is obsessed with the potato plant we have itā€™s so cute to watch her water potatoā€™s lol , I want a dwarf goat and a micro pig but my partner is an actual adult and stops me from buying them ahahah

You build stuff and good with your hands, right? I bet you could build something awesome to house a couple of guineas and a bun! I honestly don't know whether they'd be okay together... gut instinct says probably be fine, but would still get two guineas so they have each other for company, even if they live together with the rabbit. But again, haven't kept them in decades, I'm not the one to advise really!

They really appreciate some outside time too, a moveable run you can put them so they can eat grass (so long as you don't use weedkiller or anything) and get some fresh air! But supervised because of cats and foxes. I'd just put them in the outside run for some outdoor time while I or someone else was in the garden to keep an eye on them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back