The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ReMz

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Been a while since I have kept a betta. Figured it was time to have another happy guy
smile.png

Started like this in the cup at the LFS.... he was pretty stunning, but less so than some of the other guys. So many imperfections, I just had to have him.

rbv0.jpg

Immediately acclimated and was eating. annnnd got some mystery spots:
gv66.jpg

Changes!

ru78.jpg

Annnnddd tonight 1 week after rescue (pic heavy):

ajgy.jpg

djtu.jpg

yr4i.jpg

j41m.jpg

28zn.jpg

d4c2.jpg

4dox.jpg

8bu5.jpg

xxds.jpg

Video of Finley:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTuMoirrKv8

Tank journal can be found here:
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/429109-10g-betta-tank-done-right/

He's such a beautiful boy. I love the changes in him :wub:

Go as pic happy as you want.  It was really cool to see the changes as he got acclimated. 

LOL  Not surprised as I can see the start of spots in the first pic.  Love marbles personally because it is a surprise all the time to how they will look.  He is a beautiful boy!

What a handsome fish! Didn't know bettas could marble like that. You must have taken pretty good care of him.

Thanks for the comments all!
biggrin.png

He continues to get darker. Will update on the next big "jump" in appearance. His fins are really starting to pick up quite a bit of black. I figured he would have a couple dark imperfections on is body and fins as he aged.... but so much for the "white" betta
laugh.png

Loving him every day. He's now decided that wiggling for food at the front of the tank is more fun than flaring at his reflection in the black background. He just camps in the bottom left front of the tank were he is eye line/level with me when I'm sitting.
laugh.png

Missed having a betta.
smile.png

Red!!!?? MIND BLOWN
fish.gif
Day 15

kpzi.jpg

hvdx.jpg

xv49.jpg

Like the deep black in his fins weren't enough
laugh.png

Cheers
smile.png

After what took place in North Jersey... I'd think nothing would surprise you anymore.

Lovely looking fish.  I like the changes.  Can't wait to see them all.

Oh you guys are in trouble. Got my camera charger and cable on Ebay. LET THERE BE PICS (btw he is showing tinges of blue now that would not pick up on my phone camera):

Oh my goodness! So glad you finally got your camera. He's so beautiful :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back