Me And My Dog This Morning

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

moochy13

Fish Herder
Reaction score
seen as its a pretty mint day where i am, thought id take my dog Harry for a walk in the local woods.

DSC_0160-2.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

and the aftermath. after avoiding puddles for the whole walk, he decides to walk through the smallest one in the muddy car park, he could have stepped over it, but decided to go through it :

DSC_0172.jpg

quality pics

what car is that? a TR6? Spitfire?

It probably would be good. I think there was a train station in the woods ar some point, theres defintely a bridge and bits of track. Also very close to a ww2 testing lake, and being on the east coast of norfolk id imagine other aircraft/ raf related bits from planes just making it home from europe. Lots of that round here documented in a local musuem. And cars so ild theyve disintergrated to just engines and wheels !

Cheers simonas, its a 67 spitfire - in bad need a respray at the end of the month :sick: Pics taken on my phone.

Great pics, nothing like taking the dog for a walk on a nice day.
Your woods look very much like mine, lots of pine trees.
Do you have red or grey squirrels down there?

Yeah its all pine. Plenty of greys not many reds at all though, been going there since i was a kid, only ever seen a handfull of reds. Lots of woodpeckers to be heard though. Used to downhill mountainbike in the more offbeat paths, nearly hit a deer a few times. Theres also a car buried with its roof sticking out of the ground, that took out 4 of us in a row on our bikes hahaha. Those were the days, invincible 16 year olds !!!!

I can remember sledging in the woods near me as a kid, I still have the scars.
I live by the Formby Pinewoods, no grey squirrels here yet, just reds.
I used to walk my dogs (GSP's) there every day through the woods & down to the beach
I'm looking forward to walking my friends new pup cocker/poodle cross there once she's old enough

you used to walk your Green Spotted Puffers ? :crazy:

haha come on, this is a fish forum, that was so obvious !! the woods im in are Fritton woods.

Lol I only recently learned what GSP stood for in the fishy world.
GSP in the doggy world are German Shorthaired Pointers

59e0c307.jpg

All gone to Rainbow bridge now sadly

yeah '67 mk3. for sale at the end of the month if anybody wants it, im starting the respray today....... :hey:

Most reactions

trending

Back