Maidenhead Aquatics............

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

oscar52

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
........ now this may sound stupid to some people, but I have never bothered looking at these guys for one reason, their name, Maidenhead aquatics, would suggest (to me) that it is in MAIDENHEAD. Well, ok, it is, but they have other stores, around 80 of them, and FOUR are less that an hour from my house.

Given the ravings on here, think i'll have to take a vist.

I have only visited one Maidenhead Aquatics store and that is the one at Crowlands in Peterborough and it is probably the best LFS I have visited, I know the manageress and like me she is a loach nut so her selection of Loaches is second to none, saying that the selection of other fish is very good as well.

Its a 4 hour + drive for me to get there but its well worth it :D

The madienhead near me is ace i hae the chocie betwwen 2 in swindon. they always have great healthly looking stock and i love going there. they give great service and one even has a marine biologist working there and he is intresting to talk to

Nearest one to me and there isnt much between the 4) has 180 tropical tanks - that makes about 7 or 8 times bigger than the one I was going to stock from.

This store is one that i visit often too and it is real nice. I only wish they had a better selection of plants and stocked live foods. Fish they sell are just about always good and healthy and rarely die on me.

Have to say, of all the times i've visited it i've never seen a female working there. Thought the manager was one of the other guys.

I have only visited one Maidenhead Aquatics store and that is the one at Crowlands in Peterborough and it is probably the best LFS I have visited, I know the manageress and like me she is a loach nut so her selection of Loaches is second to none, saying that the selection of other fish is very good as well.

Yeah me too. I recently had employment conversations with management at MA in Crowland and the manager was male? Maybe it's changed since you were last there mad duff?

Bit funny it being the top MA as Crowland is a dump in the middle of nowhere really :p
Good luck on getting a job, they seem to keep employing some new people quite often. I expect a discount or extra fish if you do! :good:

Crowland near peterborough is out of this world! But then it is the top rated MA in the country!!

Wouldnt York, or Beverley be much easier for you to visit?

Actually, I thought they were in Maidenhead also and have never bothered looking at them since they are so far away - or not, as the case may be...thanks for the heads-up.

Actually, I thought they were in Maidenhead also and have never bothered looking at them since they are so far away - or not, as the case may be...thanks for the heads-up.

Theres even one in Northampton - in Wotton (never heard of it)

i wish i had one, know all i got since i moved onto this island is a pet store that is pretty much a petco or petmart and this sotre called petique witch is still not the best.

Yeah me too. I recently had employment conversations with management at MA in Crowland and the manager was male? Maybe it's changed since you were last there mad duff?

Emma and Steve are the owners at MA in Crowland, I know Emma through the Loach Forum, I know Emma deals with the buying of fish etc so maybe Steve deals with more day to day running, but I know for a fact that they are still there and I am traveling down again in December.

Wouldn't York, or Beverley be much easier for you to visit?

Yes probably but they don't stock the fish that I want, the main reason for me traveling that far is because I know I am getting good quality fish at a good price and most of all I am getting the fish that I want.

Most reactions

trending

Back