Looking To Close Down My African Tank....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SamUK

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Addingham, West Yorks (Near Leeds/Bradford)
well guys, ive decided im not so keen on my african tank.

it was one of the first tanks i setup and i dnt think i spent enough time planning and researching to get it right.

plus i dont have the money at the moment to get it right.

at the same time tho i dont want my fish going to the LFS where anyone could buy them so i was wondering if theres anyone with room in there tank, collection only so in the leeds/bradford area.

stocking isnt great i kno this (and its why im lookin to add them to another tank rather than sell them to a noob who would be in the same situation as i am now).

theres 2 x yellow labs (m+f), 2 x livingstoni, 1x melanochromis auratus (a real *****) and others which i havent ID'd :blush:

the other fish are different colour morphs of the top left fish in the pic below.

P1010015.jpg

the rocks and crushed coral can be taken aswell as ill be converting to planted.

anyway, jus wanted to see if anyone was interested.

Thats a shame Sam I did like your tank I`m sure you could change it to your liking somehow.
I`m near by but I`m going to stick with Juvies sorry.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

don't do this to me Sam

I want them I want them I want them!!!!

Nowhere for them to go though and we've not even enough room for the tanks we have let alone set up another. :sad:

LOL @ miss wiggles.

im not desperate to get rid.

all my other aquairums are nice and relaxing but my african tank is sooo annoying.

i can hear them splashing about and i kno someones getting chased!

thats why im not so keen!

all my other aquairums are nice and relaxing but my african tank is sooo annoying.

i can hear them splashing about and i kno someones getting chased!

thats why im not so keen!

ha ha, i like the agressive tanks where they chase each other, fun to watch (so long as no one's getting seriously bullied!)

oh i dont! makes me stressed out lol.

one of them is taking a bit of a battering but theres nothing i can do :/ :( :X

tried catching the bully, even left him out the tank for a week (put him ina lil tank i have) but 2 seconds after being back in hes wooping ass again.

nxt thing ill do is put him in with my oscar. see whos boss then :p

oh i dont! makes me stressed out lol.

one of them is taking a bit of a battering but theres nothing i can do :/ :( :X

tried catching the bully, even left him out the tank for a week (put him ina lil tank i have) but 2 seconds after being back in hes wooping ass again.

nxt thing ill do is put him in with my oscar. see whos boss then :p

ha ha you do right, he'll probably beat up your O as well though. amazes me sometimes, my dwarf cockatoo's aren't even an inch yet one of them easily chases off the opaline gourami's that are 4 inches and supposedly aggressive :rolleyes:

I'm with miss wiggle on this one, I think that the melanochromis auratus would make short work of your oscar!

:blink:

well im gonna tie it by its tail to a jet then. i h8 the damn thing.

only messing, i do keep having to remind myself that he doesnt kno hes doing anything wrong and its only nature but still....

leave my poor fishies alone damnit!

I might be right behind you, Sam. Love 'em, but dang! they are hard to keep. Every time I turn around there is something else going wrong. My dh is getting totally annoyed at the whole deal, especially the money we keep having to shell out.

I swear, back in the day (20+ years ago) when my ex & I owned an lfs, it was NEVER this complicated. The only thing we had to be concerned with was removing the chlorine. Cycling? Never heard of it. Nitrates and nitrites? Never heard of those, either. We had an after-hours business setting up and maintaining tanks for customers, and we never had to do anything more than fill up the tank, remove the chlorine and stock with compatible fish.

I don't know if something's changed or if we were just lucky, but fish-keeping has gotten way hairy.

My goldfish and betta, though? I've had them for 3+ years and haven't had a single problem. I bought them and the tank on the same trip, came home, set it up, put the fish in and haven't had to touch it much at all since. I do a 1/4 water change maybe every 6 months and a total dump and clean once a year and that is it.

I've got 6 cichlids left, and 2 more are starting to look squirrely (lost #7 the other day). If these don't make it, I'm turning it into a goldfish tank. :nod:

Lisa

Sam i noticed that you want to go planted and Wiggle you have a couple of 30g's could you not swap the tanks and a bit of money wiggle if you wanted them so bad???

hey i like my fluval!

no offence miss wiggles cos i kno her tanks would be great but the fluval fits in jus perfect and ive considered stacking tanks before (to fit more in) and i dont like it.

plus im going for discus :good:

thanx tho dude!

have you got rid of yours yet?

what you doing with the tank?

stacking tanks = BAD

the missus and i did it and it makes it a ball ache to look after

They are going along with all the rocks to cheffi soon (Hopefully hey cheffi) then im changing it to a high tech planted tank.

Sam them discuss are gonna eat your pay cheuqes pretty quicly mate.

They are going along with all the rocks to cheffi soon (Hopefully hey cheffi) then im changing it to a high tech planted tank.

Sam them discuss are gonna eat your pay cheuqes pretty quicly mate.

Don't you worry ginge, we will get there in the end, I won't let you or your fish down. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back