The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Beautiful, great job LyraGupy! And I enjoyed your video just the way it was. I can't wait to see vid #2! :)

Thanks Meeresstile! The second one will be made after Lapis is put in and maybe some Amano shrimps are ordered.

The Anubias are doing some melting (probably because of their massive move) but it's not too bad. Aaaaaand as expected, the spiderwood has "new driftwood algae" on it.
The ammonia will be tested at 5:30pm Central Time, if anyone really wants to hang around this thread...
good.gif

But guys! I have a question!
Do Amano shrimps breed in freshwater?

I have cyclops, and something else...

They are white and crawl on the glass like Planaria, yet are skinny and threadlike like detritus worms.
I have no clue how they got in here, but I want them out! NOW.

Ehehh..I need a pat on the back..ehehhhh...
cry1.gif

(I hate worms in fish tanks...makes my skin crawl)

Nitrite: 1.00ppm
Ammonia: .50ppm

We've got some bacteria, but not quite enough yet!

I have no clue how they got in here, but I want them out! NOW.
In my opinion,They came from LFS as eggs on the plant,  Is that Mongolian Gold Vine root? Nice bit of wood not cheap, I paid $38 for mine

Ehehh..I need a pat on the back..ehehhhh..
2yynhpv.jpg

(I hate worms in fish tanks...makes my skin crawl)

Some worms are yummy just ask the fish.

In my opinion,They came from LFS as eggs on the plant,  Is that Mongolian Gold Vine root? Nice bit of wood not cheap, I paid $38 for mine
The shop labeled it as "Spiderwood", so I'm not entirely sure.
I soaked the plants in a hydrogen peroxide bath, but maybe a leaf got left out?

Thanks for the pat. :D

Some worms are yummy just ask the fish.
Yeah, I'm sure Lapis will see them as a 5 star meal...but me? Eeeeeewwww..

I catch fruit fly for my betta, I even have a fly trap for that.

Forgot to test it for Ammo yesterday, gonna test this morning. I had squeezed another sponge into the tank a few days ago, the cycle may be over soon!

Okay, added in another ppm of Ammo.

Got a bunch of algae :X Need those Amanos!

Can anyone explain this?

When I add in a dose of Ammonia it seems like my planaria/detritus worms/cyclops populations skyrocket, then fall until the next dose.
online2long.gif
  Iz weird.

WOW! I shined a small led on Lapis today, and woo, her coloring is gorgeous!

*shone a small led :X

.50 Ammo
5. Trite
20 Trate

Allllllmmmoooosttt...

IMG_1139_zps0h2lh6ki.jpg

Her LED coloration. :)

I was trimming sword leaves in the 20 yesterday, so I put them in her "tank" to act as a basket..I think she liked having the new places to explore!
IMG_1143_zpst69sown6.jpg

Holy cheese.
blink.png

I found Lapis today half-dead, head under one of the IAL in her breeder. She is absolutely beat up...see all that new growth we had? Gone.  See the unblemished scales? Gone.

One of my stinking female bettas from the sorority (  Crystal ) had jumped into her breeder during the night and nearly killed her.
sneaky2.gif
  All her new tail is gone, and she has these massive scuffs on her side. I hope she pulls through.

Hurry up cycle!!

She's okay!
She ate, and is now back to her old self..beside her horrible appearance.

I think I'm going to rescape the tank..the Spiderwood is really big and hard to clean around, so I guess I'll just do a tank of Anubias.

Good to hear she ok.  Somebody has the tank rescape bug?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back