Killies In The Cupboard

My wee display tank is comming along slowly.
I've changed the wood. I also need a few more plants (cryptocorne wendtii green)
and maybe a small carpet type of plant. I have also got some Amazon Frogbit on the surface which, if it takes off, will subdue the lighting somewhat.

Picture727.jpg

Cant wait until that ugly heater gets covered.

I still haven't got the CO2 set up yet so that little number is also in the pipeline.
I think I'll be putting some Ps. annulatus and Corydoras habrosus in there.
Corries are only there to mop up any left over livefoods.
ATB
C

What a brilliant idea :good: May I pinch it? :blush:

I have been reading everything I can find on Killi's for the last couple of days & have my first eggs in the post, I've been thinking about how I could start a small breeding project without really annoying the other half with mess & tanks everywhere, this is perfect.

Neat & tidy, but functional, brilliant! This thread & the thread showing the stages of the egg hatching have been really inspirational, thank you.

Have contacted the BKA today considering membership & might pop along to the show at the weekend. I think this could be the start of a new obsession for me.

mess & tanks everywhere,
Dont be misguided
Cos thats exactly how it's gonna end up. MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome)
Killifish must be the number one cause of this.
Be Prepared.
ATB
C

mess & tanks everywhere,
Dont be misguided
Cos thats exactly how it's gonna end up. MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome)
Killifish must be the number one cause of this.
Be Prepared.
ATB
C

I already have MTS upto 7 tanks now, & just got another from freecycle, hubbie is loosing hope fast........ I mentioned I was looking at kitchen cupboards, he thought I was getting all domesticated, oops.

Awesome website! It's very well presented and user friendly. Next you'll be starting an Irish Killifish Association [IKA] :p

Lots of really good easy to understand basic info on there,
That's the general idea, a little for the novice. There are enough sites out there which are too knee deep. Its not meant to be a concise be all and end all site about Killi's. It's purely a personal website with some useful data for all.
In time it will expand into a more species by species basic reference.
The fish on the banner header are;
Fundulopanchax gardneri Nigerianus P82 (Plant Spawner - Non Annual) Left
Nothobranchius guentheri (Substrate Spawner - Annual) Right
both considered with attention to be easy fish for the novice.
ATB
C

Lots of really good easy to understand basic info on there,
That's the general idea, a little for the novice. There are enough sites out there which are too knee deep. Its not meant to be a concise be all and end all site about Killi's. It's purely a personal website with some useful data for all.
In time it will expand into a more species by species basic reference.
The fish on the banner header are;
Fundulopanchax gardneri Nigerianus P82 (Plant Spawner - Non Annual) Left
Nothobranchius guentheri (Substrate Spawner - Annual) Right
both considered with attention to be easy fish for the novice.
ATB
C

thank you muchly :good: Thats what I liked about the info on your site, i've been reading everything I can find for days now & most of it assumes you already have a good knowledge of the basics, so this was a really good read

Well the plastic tub collection has started once again... :lol:
I currently have fry everywhere, they are all growing on nicely and should be ready for next years auction season.

Picture750.jpg

Tubs upon tubs

Picture748.jpg

Must be sixty or more A. elberti fry in that tub alone. I will be splitting these off this evening into even more tubs

Regards
BigC

awsome the pics are real cool

awsome made me want to breed kris as it seems as breeding fish would be such a rewarding experience

Most reactions

Back