Killies In The Cupboard

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i just discovered this thread, your amazingly talented to have built so much on your own, must have saved you a small fortune as well.

How do you install these sliding cover-glasses? Can you buy the kit somewhere, or do you make them yourselves?
Well long time no see LOL.....

Sliding coverglasses are non other than two pieces of glass cut smaller in width than your tank but cut longer than the length of your tank so as they over lap by a good 75mm. Then the glass is fed into plastic "E" channel, (DIY Store) so as they can slide over the top of one another. A glass marble or similar can be siliconed onto these panes so as you can open and close the covers more easily.

4mm-e-profile.jpg

E Channel.

i just discovered this thread, your amazingly talented to have built so much on your own, must have saved you a small fortune as well.
:blush:

How do you install these sliding cover-glasses? Can you buy the kit somewhere, or do you make them yourselves?
Well long time no see LOL.....

Sliding coverglasses are non other than two pieces of glass cut smaller in width than your tank but cut longer than the length of your tank so as they over lap by a good 75mm. Then the glass is fed into plastic "E" channel, (DIY Store) so as they can slide over the top of one another. A glass marble or similar can be siliconed onto these panes so as you can open and close the covers more easily.

Yes, I know. I have had a too busy workschedule being in Cameroon every 3 months (have to go killifishing there though!), a job in the Netherlands that didn't materialise because of the financial crisis etc. I almost gave up the hobby and am now down to 1 70 ltre tanks with plants, and 1 male plakat betta and some cherry shrimp as inhabitants.

Great idea with the E-channel!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back