Just Out Of Interest

do u buy the tanks that you like or need

  • no i deffo cant pass a bargain, ill buy anything :)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • if i like a tank ill buy it

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i strictly plan my stocking then buy the tank that i need

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wouldnt catch me buying a tank that i dont need

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
6,754
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
BARRY,s.wales
im option 2 :blush: , i love buying tanks, hardley ever have any inckling of stocking in mind when i buy it


mon.. tell me you do the same :lol:
 
now can you guess which one i was lmao :blush:
Mostly i see a big tank cheap , measure any available gap and buy it then panic lmao

Thats me lol - im deffo not capable of passing up a bargain,so any tank that i think is cheap and well worth it :)
 
I definitely can't pass up a bargain, that's how I ended up with 9 tanks at one point. Still got 5 running now.

Bought 1 from a member here, one I swapped for a fish, 6 off ebay and 1 bought new when aldi had them on special offer.

Never plan stocking LOL
 
a woman after my own heart, i look at ebay every day and lots on there withing 50 miles.. can be sure its 50 pisin miles away mind lol ... but at the mo i have a new car and the one i have to sort so cash is soooooo tight, but dont stop me from looking :lol:
 
I voted the first one,i'm a lost cause :blush:

I've spent the last two days cleaning out & carpeting my hallway so I can put more tanks out there,i'm also off to browse ebay now :rolleyes:
 
I've only ever bought 1 tank, which was a bargain, but I've got many more from freecycle without looking at them so I voted the first option.
 
i buy tanks because i can lol no out of need just because i can (my lass spends fortunes on shoes i do with tanks lol)
 
Yeah I'm always looking. I bought a 90 gal I could not pass up $80 for a 90 gal tank with a stand. Sadly I had to sell it no room and the husband did not like it. I'm a bit sad about it but I have no idea where it would safely have gone in the house.

But I still look.
 
well i did it again just purchased a 4ft x 16x 18 tank for £10 :o
no lid or anything just the tank but thats perfect

i got a stand to take my rio 240 thats a 2 tier one for 2 x 4ft tanks so now i'll have 2 4 ft'ers and sell the rio 180 and cabinet ;) :)
i couldn't resist :blush:
 
:lol: what are u like!! fab price tho

shush lmao
how could i resist , we were thinking about where we could store the cabinet for the 180 see while we were using the tank on the bottom of the 2 tier stand , so now we can just sell the 180 as a whole , mature filter , lights and stand , so hopefully someone will buy it so we can get a lid and lights for the 4 ft - or make a lid and lights for the new 4ft

so we'll have a 240 on top and a 210 underneath :)

and thats it i'm banned from buying anymore ---- he he he he he so hubby thinks lmao

Hubby gone to collect the tank now - i can't go cos my Lacy (3 yr old) is pickled with chicken pox - came up last night a few spots and now she's just one big watery blob - poor babe
 
I always look first to see if it is a tank that I can use but seldom pass up a bargain. I went for the second category as the closest for me. I'm up to 20 tanks right now and starting to run a bit short of places to put them.
 
It really depends on how good the deal is. If I find a tanks for a few bucks I'll pick it up, as I can often resell it or trade it. The 29 gallon for $3 that I traded for a 1kw heater comes to mind.

Other times I'll plan ahead for a few minutes, then grab the tanks;

dsc02255.png


Pretty sure I can figure room for 6, I think.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top