Just a few questions...

Yes, not getting corydoras. I will test the source water but I have not bought a GH and KH test kit(which I will). The tank dimensions are 3ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft. GH I mean 5-15 dGH, KH 1-10 dKH.
Does your water supplier have a website that publishes a water quality report? If yes, you could get your GH and pH.

Can you phone them and ask for the information?

Sorry for the late reply because my cat tore her nail and I needed to get help for her. I couldn't find their phone number but I just bought a GH and KH test kit because I am going to breed fish in the future, and I need to make sure the water is soft enough for them.

by the way, just messaged my local pet store, they have White Fin Rosy Tetra RM7.50 per piece, Black Neon Tetra RM 2.60 per piece, Black Emperor RM5, Serpae tetra RM2.50, Green Neon Tetra(idk price but I don't really like this fish it doesn't have the vibrant red), Rummynose Tetra RM2.50, and Penguin Tetra. Currently their Cardinals are out of stock but they'll message me when available.
This is the stock I want
20 Cardinal Tetras(going to breed to get this number)
10 Rummynose Tetras
8 Serpae Tetras
10 Black Neon Tetras
5 Blue Dream Shrimp(going to breed)
3 Fire Red Shrimp(going to breed)

Are you aware that serpae tetras are just about the nippiest tetras in the hobby? You may find your other fish will have bits missing from them. If you increased the size of the shoal to 15+ you might get away with it.

If you want peaceful red tetras, look for red phantom tetras, flame tetras or ember tetras.
+1 to this....black or yellow phantoms, as well...just as pretty as serpae, and MUCH better in a community setting

Something else to consider when selecting possible fish species is the level in the water column that a species will tend to inhabit most of the time if not always. For example the tetras you mention as wanting in post #125 (cardinals, rummys, serpae and black neon) are mid to lower level fish, so the top half of the aquarium will be empty of fish. If you include the Penguin Tetra, this species occupies the upper levels. The Serpae have (I hope) been excluded due to their nasty behaviour, but there are other peaceful species of very similar appearance. Colin mentioned the Red Phantom Tetra, and there are several "rose" coloured species like the Rosy Tetra (the White Fin Rosy Tetra is mentioned in post #125). And the Black Phantom Tetra. These all remain in the lower half to third of the tank though.

Sorry to keep you waiting! I have cleaned the fish tank and started to rinse the gravel and put it in. I will update you further when I have ordered the plants and placed in the tank. Btw, I found some glass sheets at the back of my house(evidently abandoned and forgotten) that were in good condition and the perfect size! I will be using it as a cover for the fish tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back