Just a few questions...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I have to keep changing my stock due to fish going out of stock. It's really annoying! Is this ok? 10(more when I breed them)Cardinal Tetras, 10 Black Neon Tetras, a few Blue Jelly Shrimp, 3 Corydoras Catfish, 5 Green Tiger Barbs and 5 Odessa Tiger Barbs. I heard that Tiger Barbs are aggro so not so sure about this...
So this is the 50 gallon with the parameters in post #1?

When I had tiger barbs with just corydoras they attacked the cories and I had to separate them before the cories died. I would now only recommend tiger barbs in a species tank. Odessa are a different barb, do you have a scientific name or picture to confirm?

Corydoras need a bigger group (6 or more) and a sand substrate.

Cardinals may struggle with the higher pH and also like it a bit warmer than some community fish. Do you know if they are wild caught?

Hi @Naughts, I don't think I'll be getting corydoras then. No the parameters in the first post are the parameters of my 10 gallon, which I'm using for quarantine/hospital tank. I'm lowering the pH using peat moss/catappa leaves. Due to so many fish going out of stock online, I'll be getting my fish at a pet store instead.

Hi @Naughts, I don't think I'll be getting corydoras then. No the parameters in the first post are the parameters of my 10 gallon, which I'm using for quarantine/hospital tank. I'm lowering the pH using peat moss/catappa leaves. Due to so many fish going out of stock online, I'll be getting my fish at a pet store instead.
OK, can we have the new parameters then (sorry if this has already been posted, the thread is very long)?
We need GH, KH, pH and prospective temperature.

I have to keep changing my stock due to fish going out of stock. It's really annoying! Is this ok? 10(more when I breed them)Cardinal Tetras, 10 Black Neon Tetras, a few Blue Jelly Shrimp, 3 Corydoras Catfish, 5 Green Tiger Barbs and 5 Odessa Tiger Barbs. I heard that Tiger Barbs are aggro so not so sure about this...
Skip the TB's, IMO, they really need to be in a species-only tank...nippy and aggressive

OK, can we have the new parameters then (sorry if this has already been posted, the thread is very long)?
We need GH, KH, pH and prospective temperature.
Haven' t set up the tank, but pH will be about 6.8-7.2, GH about 5-15, KH will be 1-10 and temperature 24-27. Regarding heaters, since I live in Malaysia, tank water is usually 26 c, but would I need a heater? Don't know if the tetras are wild caught.

Also, do angelfish eat Cardinal Tetras? I would like a centerpiece for the aquarium.
When it grows to full size, there's always the possibility that the cardinals will become meals. Ditto for Neon Tetra and anything else small enough. Perhaps a dwarf cichlid might be a better idea? Note that whilst angelfish can live on their own, there's a strong suggestion that they're happier fish when with at least one other.

There is still confusion over the tank and water parameters. The 50 gallon tank, what are the dimensions (length and width are especially important concerning fish)? The fish mentioned in post #104 have differing requirements with respect to the dimensions, so this needs to be sorted out before we can advise on species.

In pot #114 it mentions pH being 6.8 to 7.2, GH about 5-15 [no mention of what unit this is, ppm or dH], KH being 1 to 10 []no unit given]. What are these parameters for your source water, which I assume is tap water? That is what matters. Adjusting these is not simple, and can cause all sorts of issues for fish (and the aquarist). The parameters of your source water are the starting point.

As for temperature, the tank cannot be cooler than the ambient room temperature, but a heater can be used to increase the temperature if needed. If the air temperature in the room stays in the 24-27 C range, you will not need to increase this for most fish species. If the night temperature is cooler, which it usually is most areas, it may or may not require a heater, it depends upon the normal diurnal temperature changes.

Corydoras were removed from the picture (I assume). Angelfish are not suited here. The barbs will depend upon the dimensions.

Yes, not getting corydoras. I will test the source water but I have not bought a GH and KH test kit(which I will). The tank dimensions are 3ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft. GH I mean 5-15 dGH, KH 1-10 dKH.

There are still some stubborn stains on the tank, which I will get rid of using a razor and undiluted vinegar. Is cleaning vinegar undiluted?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back