Journal of my juvenile blood parrot? Cinders and our bonding

Their adult size is a bit unpredictable due to the bred in deformities and the nature of hybrid animals. I think a 29 is probably too small for one into adulthood a midsized 4 foot tank would be better.

There are always risks if you add more than one cichlid to a tank but it is achievable if you do it in a big enough set up. If you see this fish as a true pet though I would suggest keeping him by himself and maybe consider adding schooling fish around him but make sure they are too big for him to eat.

Wills

I have 55 gallon but in basement and not set up. It's a square tank I bought long ago from a pet store going out of business. So, I bought a yellow parrot. Think tad bit bigger than cinders but not by much. I take pictures soon. Anyone have good name for a yellow fish by chance? I know cinders younger still no adult colouring but starting. This one yellow.

Actually I have few non set up tanks in basement.... but I think square one the biggest out of them

16030426151037118699778084512793.jpg

I would put them in the biggest tank you have then. Decor will be important make sure you have plenty of tall plants and hardscape for them.

Well that got cinders out of its shell. They not fighting but I think like most cichlids they already trying to establish who's the boss.... cinders definitely the smaller of the 2 but has big attitude curious if size counts in hierarchy.... or will little cin be boss because the aquarium was its home 1st?

Last edited:
Well I think pecking order being established. Flame I thinking of calling the yellow one is boss already I think. Probably because a tad bigger and older.cinders more active now but I think unsure of new friend. Flame does chase cinder but I hope that stop soon. They only been in tank together for couple hours. Besides Angel's I never had cichlids before. I do know they be a hierarchy... wierd and very fascinating behavior... trying to figure why cinders leans to the side sometimes when flames around. I have read some fish like betta put their head down to show submission.... is cinders showing similar submission behavior?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back