Journal of my juvenile blood parrot? Cinders and our bonding

16030650400946409582529117054521.jpg

If anyone can guess there sex I appreciate it.... I think flame fins are pointed and cons are more rounded... I could be wrong it's still small. Their heads look different too.... cin like a straight line down but flame not. Will that change when cin older?

just wanted to say I really like this thread! I am dreaming about setting up a tank with parrots as the centerpiece and I'm living vicariously through you!

It's my 1st time having blood parrots. so far I love them. Cinders and flame arent friends yet but I hope that change. They seem fine until feeding time then flame tries to chase cinders away....I try to feed them by hand less messier. YouTube says they have issues with their mouth and that might cause problems eating.... well I say that's wrong!!! These 2 will eat non stop if you allow it and they peck my hand hard if you not expecting it you definitely be startled. Flame has the most gorgeous colour bright yellow camera doesnt do it justice. Cinders still baby colours but I'm hoping be just as bright but orange. Cider hasn't changed much colourwise since I got it.....maybe some orange in fin.

Last edited:
I actually have 2 tanks set up. The other is a 20 gallon hexagon with neons, danios, cory. Both tanks are live planted

Btw that funky brown thing is floating lettuce plant I think the call it.

Most reactions

Back