Journal of my juvenile blood parrot? Cinders and our bonding

Going to try a new food today frozen brine shrimp...curious to see if cinders love it as much as blood worms. My goal is to see if I can get the most colouring out of this fish by feeding it the best food...

16023254691194185429915688486880.jpg

I'm unsure how to post a video...
It would give you all a good idea on what amazing little fish cinder is. Might even change some mindsets on them... I know some think parrot fish have a mouth disability.... but I have to say this one might not bite but definitely has a force to it that took me by surprise...when taking food from me it bangs right into my finger kind of like a head butt...that will definitely take you let a lone other tank mates by surprise.... it probably can't damage other fish but I swear the force alone definitely would intimidate most fish especially in its adulthood.... mine just bit bigger then a toonie. (Canada 2 dollar coin) can you imagine the strength of this one when full grown?

btw cinder loved the brine shrimp but it not a good train took....I cant keep it on my fingertips.

Mon oct 12 2020 Well Cinders definitely a character. It was looking at me but once I decide to take a picture proof ninja fish vanished. This one would eat like a piranha if you allow it....does that mean I have a HUGE fish on my hands? Or is this a blood parrot characteristic? I wanted to take a picture to document the colour change in Cind. The orange is starting to show more in its fins but I guess I do that in the morning. Unless I can entice with a little food

October 18
Cinders still acting shy. SIgh it eats from my fingers gladly but still hides a bit and anything will startled it Not sure why. Maybe because it's only fish in aquarium? I am debating on getting it another friend At big Al's they have parrot fish abit older. They have the reds like I believe cinders is but they also have yellows. If I decide to get a buddy it be a yellow... Only 2 worries I have is I dont want to set up the bigger aquarium in the basement yet. We might be moving soon. The tank cinders in is a 29. Will this be ok for 2 growing parrots? How fast do these fish grow?

Last edited:
October 18
Cinders still acting shy. SIgh it eats from my fingers gladly but still hides a bit and anything will startled it Not sure why. Maybe because it's only fush in aquarium? I am debating on getting it another friend At big Al's they have parrot fish abit older. They have the reds like I believe cinders is but they also have yellows. If I decide to get a buddy it be a yellow... Only 2 worries I have is I dont want to set up the bigger aquarium in the basement yet. We might be moving soon. The tank cinders in is a 29. Will this be ok for 2 growing parrots? How fast do these fish grow?
I'm not knowledgeable about parrot fish, bu @Wills or @HoldenOn or @Metalhead88 would probably know :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back