Journal of my juvenile blood parrot? Cinders and our bonding

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hmm, good questions. I wish I had answers for you but I have no actual experience with parrots, just stuff that I've read. My concern is that adding more might just cause two to gang up on one, so that may not be the best solution at least right off the bat. Maybe try adding more caves and hiding places? I've watched this guy's videos on youtube, and while I'm not sure how much actual information there are in his videos that will help you, at least you get a look into how his tank is arranged etc. It's cool how his channel shows the progression from 1 parrot to a bunch, back to just a couple. I think he also ran into aggression issues etc, so worth at least a look from a "change over time" perspective.

if you have all the time in the world (or just watch on 1.75x like I did lol), you should start with the videos from 3 years ago. His showpiece blood parrot, fireball, really makes for some great stories and videos! https://www.youtube.com/c/Sassonic/videos

16050512141293284047234436855297.jpg

Seen some already. I'm pretty sure its food base I think....that's why I'm hesitating in getting a 3rd.... if I get a pair.... even though male be most likely infertile they will still want to try to breed.... I'm hoping when cinders puts some size on it wont be a lot of chasing.....think that's the issue hopefully flame growth rate will slow down lol. I got them both at different pet stores.

I think everytime they see me food pops on their head....

Last edited:
Well they doing fine still flame chases cinders around when I enter the room.... cinders is changing colours fast becoming orange each day... i think cinders be redder then flame... I'm hoping when cinder has growth spurt the chasing will cease...
16060765872213443212456168808867.jpg

Cinders was all that colour when I 1st got. Its very interesting that changing to orange from belly upward.... I think cinder be orange rather then yellow like flame.

If you go back to 1st page and compare to the 6th you see what I mean;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back