Its Here My 566 Gallon 9Ftx3Ftx3Ft Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see were your comming from but i find my self neglecting this tank more and more and ive got my 5ft reef
tank still

I reckon the problem is your stocking - it is a nice selection but a bit hit and miss, I'd be tempted to decide which of the existing fish you really love, sell the rest and then plan a tank around the remaining fish - with decor, plants etc you could have a set up as fabulous as any marine tank without starting completely from scratch.

If you have a large marine tank already I'd enjoy this as tropical for a while longer yet.

1 x oscar< <sell>>>
1 x gibbi plecs <sell>>>
2 x tinfoil barbs <sell>>>
1 x sun catfish <sell>>>
1 x silver arowna (illl get one when all the other fish are grown up)<obviously dont buy
1 x giant gourami <sell>>>
1 x fire eel <sell>>
1 x ornate birchir <sell>>>
1 x clown knifefish <sell>>>

1 x gold sev
5 x silver dollars need one more tho
1 x lima shovelnose<not sure what these are like with the tetra's????
5 X urau if you can find them....
maybe a shoal of something like rainbows or larger tetra's like colombian or buenos aires tetra's

This way with good filteration you would really only need to do a light waterchange once a month or month n a half..

i think it would be just the same if not more to maintain a marine :unsure: no? which would still have you in same situation,or is it you've just gone off fresh water?

ive gone off freshwater pretty much theres a few fish ill be sad to see go but its somthing ive decided on and am gonna go with it (not trying to sound rude) as i understand what your saying but i cant have small fish as theyde be down the wier in seconds

and no longer feel i want to keep tropicals and i plan to have a tropical pond in the future i think its because ive kept marine and thats it for a bit now im outa sink so yeah

ill feel good aslong as i get them good homes

again yes i have truck but i also feel that my sailfin tang and yellow tang could do with a bigger home
as by the time they swim for a second theyve swam 5 foot so i feel in the 9ft theyle have room to stretch there legs so to speak

hehe yeah lol

Really :unsure: you are just going to give up on your fish like that. I don't get. You seemed so into and then poof you are over it. Saltwater is Way more money then fresh. The live sand, live rock the skimmer the sump or wet/dry filter the salt mix the lighting. You will need over 200 lb of live Rock and that's $6 per pound. A saltwater under 60 gal is way less money then a 500 gal tank. I guess if you were to do a fish only tank with no live rock it would not be that bad.

Sure it would be sweet.

yep im going fo

and it seems like your trying to guilt trip me to keeping them but i know if i kept them id be neglecting them and theyde end up worse of so ime gonna go with it

yeah, as long as you dont do a reef tank, that wold be expensive, but FO, like hes doing isnt that expensive

well if you can't be bothered looking after a fresh water tank, the last thing you should do is set up a marine tank that size. if you loose interest in things this easily then id say you shouldn't be keeping animals at all!
i say bad move, if your not interested then get rid and start again when the interest comes back

I can kind of understand what your saying, Ive just set up a marine nano and my FW tank is being juggled at the moment anyway but I already kind of prefer SW but saying that they are two totally different hobbies IMO I mean yeah both are water based but its like comparing skateboarding to surfing.

That said we all go through "bored" stages of any tank, after all the cost and hassle maybe give it a while?

I think what some are saying is it seems a bit crazy to give up so quickly. Everyone is jealous of your massive tank and now you can't seem to care less about it. Bitter pill to swallow for those of us with "huge" 55 gallon tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back