Is dumping fish water down the toilet costing me more money? (Uk)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah also I don't know how to get a pic without my parents going: "Why are you taking a picture of our bills" 🤣

In Western Australia home owners have to pay water rates, which covers sewer costs. They also have to pay a separate water bill, as do tenants in rental properties. The tenants don't have to pay the water rates, that is for property owners only.

-------------------
The reason you should be putting used aquarium water on the lawn or garden is to prevent unwanted disease organisms getting into natural waterways. The soil/ lawn gets exposed to sunlight, which kills most of the microscopic creatures.

Aquariums are full of microscopic organisms and these survive when flushed down the loo. Some also survive the sewerage treatment plant and end up in rivers where they can adversely affect native fishes.

Nope. We're charged here for the outgoing water. Someone has to treat it so it's safe for drinking and that costs money
They don’t treat toilet water to be safe to drink, smh.

I don't know how exactly they measure it BUT we ARE charged FOR the outgoing water in my area... That's what my parents said. They said that on the bill we are also charged for that. Which to me doesn't make any sense but just the way it is
Respectfully; your parents trippin’

Yah also I don't know how to get a pic without my parents going: "Why are you taking a picture of our bills" 🤣
Just ask them bruh. Tell them what they said was wack and you tryna prove it to us. Of course, say it respectfully.

Actually yes, some states do have it where they treat sewage water to be used.
We drink the same water that dinosaurs roamed in millions of years ago, it has just gone through the water cycle.
Fish and other animals pee and poo in the water. We treat it to to drink.
And actually, eventually all water, including sewage water ends up in the natural water cycle anyways.
Just ask them bruh. Tell them what they said was wack and you tryna prove it to us. Of course, say it respectfully.
No, they would never let me share it. Even with it blurred 😅

Respectfully; your parents trippin’
You don't live in my area, you haven't seen the bill, and you don't know my parents so there is no "respectful" way of saying what you said

You don't live in my area, you haven't seen the bill, and you don't know my parents so there is no "respectful" way of saying what you said
Bruh. Of course theres a way to say in nicely.
Let me reword it for you:
"Hey mom and dad! I was talking about water prices on the fish forum and they didn't believe that we pay for outgoing water. Come to think of it that really doesn't make sense. Now I have to prove it. Could I take a picture of the bill or something, so I can prove it? "

the outgoing water portion of the bill is designated "sewer charge" it is based on amount of water going into your house through the water meter as that is approx amount of water going out into the sewer... even watet you use for the garden or lawn is billed as sewer charge....unless you have as separate meter for outdoor watering..

you haven't seen the bill,
A picture would help me see it.

"Hey mom and dad! I was talking about water prices on the fish forum and they didn't believe that we pay for outgoing water. Come to think of it that really doesn't make sense. Now I have to prove it. Could I take a picture of the bill or something, so I can prove it? "
This precisely. ^

Now maybe if one or two people in this thread agreed with you, then we wouldn’t be this questionable. But I have literally never heard of that before, and no one else in this thread has either.

No, they would never let me share it. Even with it blurred 😅
Did you even ask? Worst they could do is say no. :dunno:

I didn't mean what I was going to say. I meant what he said about my parents.
A picture would help me see it.

This precisely. ^

Now maybe if one or two people in this thread agreed with you, then we wouldn’t be this questionable. But I have literally never heard of that before, and no one else in this thread has either.

Did you even ask? Worst they could do is say no. :dunno:
You don't understand, if they found out people wanted photos of personal bills they'd want me off this site ASAP so no you don't get photos of our personal papers

Maybe find your PUD website and find it on there and screenshot it for is

So I went into the website but I don't see where it tells me the actual details of how they price it... Maybe I should ask my parents for me to look at the bill... Or just look at it lol.
Cause I could of sworn they put it in two separate spaces for outgoing and incoming water

incoming is actual water useage....outgoing is sewer charge which is usually based on the same amount of water you use...why are you guys making such a big deal over this...it's pretty simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back