Is dumping fish water down the toilet costing me more money? (Uk)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sewage charge is fixed, so no it is not costing more to lob water down the loo from the aquarium(s)
The only charge that increases is the clean water inwards....either annually calculated by the rateable value of the property or via the readings from the water meter if one is fitted

@AmyKieran you are absolutely fine to lob as much water down the loo as you wish...it won't cost you anything more than what you paid on the bill......otherwise those who shower several times a day, do several loads of laundry every day etc would be destitute by now.

For everyone giving Rocky a hard time and telling him to post info on the forum, enough.

@Rocky998, do not post any personal information on any forum or any website that is open to the public. It is a security risk.

The rest of you, back the hell off. Rocky isn't in charge of his bills. Don't ask him to post things he shouldn't post and his parents won't let him post.

His bills have nothing to do with anyone else and he does not have to show you bills to prove it. Every country has their own billing system for water and sewerage. If you want to know what it is, do a Google search and stop harassing members of the forum.

For everyone giving Rocky a hard time and telling him to post info on the forum, enough.

@Rocky998, do not post any personal information on any forum or any website that is open to the public. It is a security risk.

The rest of you, back the hell off. Rocky isn't in charge of his bills. Don't ask him to post things he shouldn't post and his parents won't let him post.

His bills have nothing to do with anyone else and he does not have to show you bills to prove it. Every country has their own billing system for water and sewerage. If you want to know what it is, do a Google search and stop harassing members of the forum.
Thank you Colin.

@Colin_T FYI I'm not trying to give him a hard time. All I want is some sort of proof. Doesn't have to be a bill. If @Rocky998 makes a statement like that he should be able to back it up. If he cant, then he shouldn't make the statement.
Out of curiosity, why should he have to back anything up to you? There are a lot adults here who have discussed how water and sewage billing works, and if you had read the entire thread before you posted, you would have been able to understand it. It's a great big world, but even within one country things are done differently in regions you don't live in or have knowledge of. Members are under no obligation to provide personal data to answer questions that have already been answered in the thread.

I kind of wish we had to read threads from start to finish before posting on them, but that will never happen!

@Colin_T FYI I'm not trying to give him a hard time. All I want is some sort of proof. Doesn't have to be a bill. If @Rocky998 makes a statement like that he should be able to back it up. If he cant, then he shouldn't make the statement.
Agreed, not harassing, not trying to obtain personal information, I just want proof. You can’t just make a wild statement and have no way to back it up.

That would be like me saying that neon tetras could survive and thrive in the Antarctic Ocean. And then when people start questioning me asking for proof, I just avoid the question.

My water company...Yorkshire water

Originally when I moved to this flat my annual bill was an average £450. I requested a free survey by them for a water meter (since I live alone and the flat is tiny). Due to being a shared water inlet feed with three other flats, a meter could not be fitted, however they moved me to the single person's rate (which does not reflect the rateable value of the property as per normal billing, it is a fixed rate based on a single person's average usage per annum), I now pay a fixed rate of £220 per annum.

Sewerage​

This charge is for the water we take away and clean after you've used it. We assume that 95% of the water you've used will come back to us through our sewers.

Water​

This is the clean water we supply to your home that comes out of the taps. If you're on a meter we'll measure this in cubic metres. If you're unmetered we'll base this on the rateable value of your property.

Out of curiosity, why should he have to back anything up to you? There are a lot adults here who have discussed how water and sewage billing works, and if you had read the entire thread before you posted, you would have been able to understand it. It's a great big world, but even within one country things are done differently in regions you don't live in or have knowledge of. Members are under no obligation to provide personal data to answer questions that have already been answered in the thread.

I kind of wish we had to read threads from start to finish before posting on them, but that will never happen!
I’ve literally been following the thread from the start. I know exactly what everyone has said.

@AmyKieran , if you feel satisfied with the answers you have received, I can close this thread; it has unfortunately delved into personal bickering, which we don't want or need.

You can reply here or send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Back