Interested in SW...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

They don’t sell it anymore. :/

Guess I’ll just have to find another brand/model.

Does that coral need the special lights? If so, it would be a no for now.

Also, do the clowns have to be that specific species? I kind of liked the looks of some of the black and white ones at my LFS...
Normal aquarium plant lights are all you need for any coral. Get globes with a 6500K rating.

The black and white fish in your original picture are that species. They are just a black and white colour mutation.

@Colin_T, I already have 10 GBFT’s and 7 false Julii’s in my 20g long. Could I add 8 Harliquen Rasbora’s and 2 neon tetras? Seems like a lot of stock, so the answer may be no.
What's a GBTF?
why 2 neons and not 10?

Normal aquarium plant lights are all you need for any coral. Get globes with a 6500K rating.

The black and white fish in your original picture are that species. They are just a black and white colour mutation.

What's a GBTF?
why 2 neons and not 10?
Are you sure about that? Corals need a specific ratio of blues and whites.

The sun doesn't change it's colour spectrum or intensity when it gets over the ocean. Corals get exactly the same light that terrestrial and freshwater plants get. The zooxanthellae is just a plant that photosynthesises like any other plant/ algae.

The sun doesn't change it's colour spectrum or intensity when it gets over the ocean. Corals get exactly the same light that terrestrial and freshwater plants get. The zooxanthellae is just a plant that photosynthesises like any other plant/ algae.
Ah I see. But then why do they make salwater lights? Is it just for color?

Some people like seeing corals fluoresce and stick blue or purple (UV) lights above the tank to make them glow. Like most things coming out of China, it's their idea of making things better when it's not necessary.

Some people like seeing corals fluoresce and stick blue or purple (UV) lights above the tank to make them glow. Like most things coming out of China, it's their idea of making things better when it's not necessary.
Well alot of people buy corals for their color which utimately is what makes corals so expensive. So wouldn't it be kind of a waste of money just to put them under white light and have them look brown?

What's a GBTF?
why 2 neons and not 10?
Glass Blood Fin Tetras.

The other died off, and only 2 remain. My current stock of my 29g is this:
  • (8) Harliquen Rasboras
  • (2) Neon Tetras
  • (1) Albino BNP
  • Cherry shrimp
  • Pest snails (I’ll be fuplie happy to get rid of those)
  • (1) Nerite
It looks like its still available.
It does have a price, which makes me think it’s not available?

6,500K, got it. I’ll do some more looking...

Wait, so you don’t need a special light to get corals to grow, assuming the regular like is powerful enough? ?

Glass Blood Fin Tetras.

The other died off, and only 2 remain. My current stock of my 29g is this:
  • (8) Harliquen Rasboras
  • (2) Neon Tetras
  • (1) Albino BNP
  • Cherry shrimp
  • Pest snails (I’ll be fuplie happy to get rid of those)
  • (1) Nerite

It does have a price, which makes me think it’s not available?

6,500K, got it. I’ll do some more looking...

Wait, so you don’t need a special light to get corals to grow, assuming the regular like is powerful enough? ?
It says the light is 65 bucks for me. Just try typing 'hypagero aquaknight' into the search bar on amazon.

I would be carefull using just a regular planted aquarium light as a beginner it is a hotly debated topic if they actually work or not. Plus it would make your corals look like brown blobs.

Do these specs seem ok?

• Features 445nm and 460nm blue, 10,000K white, and RGB LEDs, a higher ratio of actinic blue spectrum LEDs balanced with full spectrum creates the ideal color combination for the saltwater environment

It says the light is 65 bucks for me. Just try typing 'hypagero aquaknight' into the search bar on amazon.

I would be carefull using just a regular planted aquarium light as a beginner it is a hotly debated topic if they actually work or not. Plus it would make your corals look like brown blobs.
It only fits rimless tanks. :/

“Please note: This light only suit for RIMLESS tank, tank glass should be thinner than 20mm(0.8inch)”

It only fits rimless tanks. :/

“Please note: This light only suit for RIMLESS tank, tank glass should be thinner than 20mm(0.8inch)”
Its easy to modify it to fit.

Do these specs seem ok?

• Features 445nm and 460nm blue, 10,000K white, and RGB LEDs, a higher ratio of actinic blue spectrum LEDs balanced with full spectrum creates the ideal color combination for the saltwater environment
For the kind of corals you want probably but make sure you can adjust the blues and the whites. I have my blues at 60% and whites at 10%.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back