The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Don't go spending money on daft kits for gh n kh. Your water is what it is and no need to take that advise !!! A fish cycle is very easy but some maintain its cruel,,,, I agree if done wrong.
Some like the fish less cycle and treat it as law !!, this is totally wrong !! They don't see that the aim is to get an active bio filter. Quiet simple so don't get confused with the dark art merchants.
It's easy n pain free so don't worry. Common sense n not blinding folk,,,, especially new guys,,,with science. This is a big issue with this site now.
You have been told to spend money on test kits and baffled with science. Totally un needed and wrong..

Don't go spending money on daft kits for gh n kh. Your water is what it is and no need to take that advise !!! A fish cycle is very easy but some maintain its cruel,,,, I agree if done wrong.
Some like the fish less cycle and treat it as law !!, this is totally wrong !! They don't see that the aim is to get an active bio filter. Quiet simple so don't get confused with the dark art merchants.
It's easy n pain free so don't worry. Common sense n not blinding folk,,,, especially new guys,,,with science. This is a big issue with this site now.
You have been told to spend money on test kits and baffled with science. Totally un needed and wrong..
We always say theres no need to buy a GH test kit and to find it on the water providers website. I'm not aware of anyone saying to waste their money on a GH kit as you only use it once

See I was putting it out there !! Fish less or not is the question.
Not questioning me ? The op asked a good question to wish he or I got baffled with . So let's just leave it . Past yr bedtime anyway.

See I was putting it out there !! Fish less or not is the question.
Not questioning me ? The op asked a good question to wish he or I got baffled with . So let's just leave it . Past yr bedtime anyway.
Actually I woke up an hour ago;)

Go to your water company's website and do a search for hardness. They will probably give it in some vague words, but hopefully they'll give some numbers as well, or a link to the numbers. You need a number and the unit of measurement as there are several they could use. Hardness is often not in the water quality report but in a separate section.

If you can't find it, tell us the name of the company and we'll have a look and see what we can find.
Thank you so much!!! I will check it out

I've heard such mixed things...it gets so confusing. I retested today and still no ammonia, nitrites or nitrates, so I put the fish in. She is doing splendid right now but I will keep an eye on her over the weekend! She seems to love the new tank though, she was exploring everything!!!

Thank you everyone! Just as an update, I out Stella in the new tank and so far she is thriving! She has been exploring everything and she loves it! It made my day seeing her swim around for hours checking everything out! I am going to keep an eye on her over the weekend and continue to do water changes now that she is in the tan, along with checking the water! We shall see what happens but thank you so much for all your helpful advice, I will keep you updated!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back