In General, What Type Of Posts Annoy You?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The one's like 'Is my goldfish pregnant?' or anything else that isn't a livebearer. Surely you learn fish lay eggs in primary school?

Pets at home posts.

Cycling posts are of bore sometimes aswell.

Oscar posts... I want an Oscar.

James.

The ones that ask which ones annoy me. LOL :lol:

GRRRR :grr:

lol ;)

This thread is actually becoming really interesting!! Glad I am not alone in a lot of these Annoyances

lol maybe we can convince the mods to included a
"list of annoying things that you should refrain from posting" to Noobs :p:lol:

Everyone has a "type of post" on the forum that annoys them...let's keep it friendly, no specific names or examples...for instance...I really can't stand all the people who post about "breeding bettas" when they have absolutely no idea what they are doing or what proper care bettas need, such as conditioning etc.

cycling posts!!Only because I don;t have an interest in them and I don;t understand the cycling process. I just do what I do
agreed and agreed.

i cant stand posts that just say for example "my fish is sick! help" and thats it. no tank size, other inhabitants, parameters, how long been running ect.

i like it when newbies ask for suggestions BEFORE trying themselves.

Edit: and cycling posts. uhhhh literally 60% of all posts on tff!

2nd edit: POSTING IN THE WRONG SECTION!!!! (though it can be an honest mistake)

and when people give information that they aren't sure of but that member doesnt say anywhere "but confirmation would be better off"

And... Stocking questions!
Seriously, if you went and bought a massive tank then surely you know what you want to put in it...
It's your tank for you to keep the fish you want, not just any old fish that people suggest

posts where inexperienced fish keepers are having problems , and when they post details of tank/stocking etc its obvious thats the probem. but instead of getting constructive advice they get jumped on and "bashed" by experienced people who should really know better.

Seriously, if you went and bought a massive tank then surely you know what you want to put in it...
It's your tank for you to keep the fish you want, not just any old fish that people suggest

i kind of agree with this 1. if its just a case of ive got a lovely big empty tank tell me what to put in it then yes , but if its checking suitability/compatibility before buying then these posts should be actively encouraged

posts where inexperienced fish keepers are having problems , and when they post details of tank/stocking etc its obvious thats the probem. but instead of getting constructive advice they get jumped on and "bashed" by experienced people who should really know better.

i almost quit fishkeeping because of that. it seemed like what they told me to do was wrong and what i wanted to do was wrong. i was getting my siphons and nets ready and luckily i got constructive advice before i started.

i kind of agree with this 1. if its just a case of ive got a lovely big empty tank tell me what to put in it then yes , but if its checking suitability/compatibility before buying then these posts should be actively encouraged

That comment was completely the "I have a big tank, tell me what to buy" idea :)

That's it then, that's nearly every post covered on tff!

LOL Ian I think you hit the nail on the head and I totally agree.

I think some times we have to stop and remember that we did not have a clue about the subject matter of keeping fish at one time.

Regards onebto.

It kinda bugs me when I see questions that could literally have been answered in depth on several reputable websites by just Google searching the question. I can understand not being sure and wanting some verification from the forum. I don't mean that you should only Google stuff and never ask questions, it's just some questions are so easy that you can find the answer yourself in less time than it takes to make a topic.
Googles always so right? I saw one today where someone had done a Google and got the answer, totally, back to front. so how better to check, than ask on a fish forum?

The one's like 'Is my goldfish pregnant?' or anything else that isn't a livebearer. Surely you learn fish lay eggs in primary school?
No, and why should they? you may consider the fish "heavy with egg". but "is it pregnant" is a perfectly reasonable, alternative.

LOL Ian I think you hit the nail on the head and I totally agree.

I think some times we have to stop and remember that we did not have a clue about the subject matter of keeping fish at one time.

Regards onebto.

quite so! :good: :good:

even so, my "most annoying threads"?
ones like this.
"can we have a Reputation button"
"can we have a thanks button"
"can we have an 'approved' seller notation"

I can't stand help me decide threads, basicly if you want fish in your tank go out and have a look round some aquatics and pick the ones you like.

Also ones that say help me plan my tank, why would we wanna do that as surely its gotta be something you like not something we like.

:)

It kinda bugs me when I see questions that could literally have been answered in depth on several reputable websites by just Google searching the question. I can understand not being sure and wanting some verification from the forum. I don't mean that you should only Google stuff and never ask questions, it's just some questions are so easy that you can find the answer yourself in less time than it takes to make a topic.
Googles always so right? I saw one today where someone had done a Google and got the answer, totally, back to front. so how better to check, than ask on a fish forum?

I did say that, you just missed it: "I can understand not being sure and wanting some verification from the forum."
I just meant people who don't even touch a book or a website before asking something. If someone looks it up and THEN isn't sure about the answer or the answer still isn't clear and they need some more help on it, sure, go ahead and ask away.
Maybe I'm biased because I'm some sort of extreme Google wizard :lol: , I dunno. It just seems like there's tons of info out there already on some of the more basic stuff about fish (even in stickies on this forum) that people skip over before firing off a topic.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back