The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Blu_bruh

Reaction score
Pls help.
i used to be on here more and i have entirely new tank its 20 gal with 3 female bettas one of which looks like she got ich on top of her head (picture below). Theres also snails and shrimp and a few corries. I know copper based ich medicines can kill like half of my tank so i did a 50% water change and turned off the lights and turned the temp to 81 and put salt water in it. I saw her and did this all this morning is there anything i can do to help her more or speed up the process and protect the rest of my tank at the same time.

Attachments

• 1615679014040914376314012527679.jpg
    1615679014040914376314012527679.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 79
I can't see ich, maybe just missing scales?
Temperature for ich needs to be 86°c / 30°f. Hold it there for two weeks.

I can't see ich, maybe just missing scales?
Temperature for ich needs to be 86°c / 30°f. Hold it there for two weeks.
Thank you. Also what could she be missing scales from ive never seen that before

I don't think that looks like ich. Maybe a heater burn? Or scale damage as noted above. Is there anything rough or sharp in the tank?

I don't think that looks like ich. Maybe a heater burn? Or scale damage as noted above. Is there anything rough or sharp in the tank?
Oh ok so the tank is scaped with a bunch of big rocks and two sticks and she does like to wedge herself under some of them. Also my heater is really out there so that would make sense. I was just looking at pictures of ich and i dont think this is it either now

Attachments

• 20210121_171402_HDR.jpg
    20210121_171402_HDR.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 75
Thank you guys. It doesnt seem to be ich but missing scales so now theres a different problem. How do i help her? Will it just heal on its own? What can i do to make my tank safer?

Will it heal on its own?
Keep the water clean to allow healing. Add aquarium salt if there is any signs of infection.

How to make the tank safer?
Add floating plants for the betta to rest in (they love them). Sand down any sharp sticks. Get a heater cover.

Will it heal on its own?
Keep the water clean to allow healing. Add aquarium salt if there is any signs of infection.

How to make the tank safer?
Add floating plants for the betta to rest in (they love them). Sand down any sharp sticks. Get a heater cover.
Thank you sm

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back