I Want To Get Gouramis

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ok, ok stand down guys......everyone has their own opinions nothing to start getting upset about :|

ok yes, i do live in the USA, yes i havent had much of a variety of tropical fish but that has nothing to do about my experience...

Paradise- i will agree that there are a few too many fish in your stocking plan, BUT.. i think if the numbers were lowered, then it would be fine. i like your point about the 10 gallon being 2'x1', a good point, even though this is not the case. but you see it how i do, mostly that we all have different minimum sizes for fish. ton of people on here put 1 betta in a 10gal, me? i think that.. well.. its not 'silly', because i understand the point, but i personally would not put 1 fish in a 10gal.

so let me ask a different question.....

any stocking idea for a 10gal including all fish, not necessarily including gouramis? maybe some tetra ideas?

Paradise and frapadoodle please calm down

frapadoodle said:
@paradise, touched nerve did we? One check original posting, Mass. USA.
As you don't seem to have petsmart, go to your partners fishhouse.
And by the way, the UK stopped being the center of the universe a couple hunndred years ago.
@frapadoodle that last lines a bit rude ( true though...)
@paradise id still say that15 rainbows would be over doing it. I'd do around 11-12.
@ paradise it's not practical to ask frapadoodle to fly thousands of miles to see your rainbows
@ paradise I would also reccomend having a look on conversion charts. Makes folks lives a lot easier. Lol

Also, ( yes I'm not down yet lol)
@ paradise your stocking suggestion was off as you yourself said the minimum was 15 gallon.
@ everyone. Get back on topic

@Paradise, appologies, you did say honey. But petsmart is a chainstore. Kind of standard vanilla stock. Dwarf gouramis, maybe a powder blue, or red sunset. Not much else for gouramis. Even had one petsmart tell me they don't stock cories.
@Talltree, sorry dad.
@Comocrayfish, don't trust the info tags, they just eant you to buy as many fish as they can sell you.
I have a betta in a 10gal. but he is lord and master of his domain, don't know if he would allow anyone else.
Stocking a 10 is hard, because of the small size.

TallTree01 said:
Paradise and frapadoodle please calm down

@paradise, touched nerve did we? One check original posting, Mass. USA.
As you don't seem to have petsmart, go to your partners fishhouse.
And by the way, the UK stopped being the center of the universe a couple hunndred years ago.
@frapadoodle that last lines a bit rude ( true though...)
@paradise id still say that15 rainbows would be over doing it. I'd do around 11-12.
@ paradise it's not practical to ask frapadoodle to fly thousands of miles to see your rainbows
@ paradise I would also reccomend having a look on conversion charts. Makes folks lives a lot easier. Lol

Also, ( yes I'm not down yet lol)
@ paradise your stocking suggestion was off as you yourself said the minimum was 15 gallon.
@ everyone. Get back on topic

I was joking when I said "come to the UK to see them" lol. I'm guessing you did get that I was joking right Frapadoodle? I do look at the conversion charts lol, I use them all the time. I never said 15 gallon was the minimum... I said a 2ft but if Como's is not a 2ft then that's fine and Threadfins are out. 15 Threadfins will be fine in the tank I have. Like I say, my filtration allows me to overstock a little and once again my partner would tell me as he monitors my tank regularly lol. He doesn't trust me not to get a male sailfin(I do like them but I wouldn't put one in this tank) so he checks regularly XD

@Frapadoodle: It's OK. I get where you were coming from. About Petsmart not stocking Honeys though... Even our chainstore equivalent(pet's at home) does honeys and sparkling :/

OK, new list. How about this:

A trio of Swordtails
3-4x Bumblebee Gobies

Sound good? Surely Bumblebee Gobies are for sale round you...? They are everywhere in the UK lol.

Hey, I'm gonna go against the grain and say a single male Dwarf Gourami can easily work in a 10 gallon tank.  Not only is that the minimum rec. size tank, but I kept one in a 10 gallon with 3 Guppies, 6 Glowlight Tetras, a Mystery Snail and Molly fry.  Obviously it's not the optimum conditions for them but certainly not ridiculous by any stretch.

Fair point Ruskull. I never said it couldn't work but as they asked for other options as well I thought I'd give them some other options.

Paradise<3 said:
A trio of Swordtails
3-4x Bumblebee Gobies

Sound good? Surely Bumblebee Gobies are for sale round you...? They are everywhere in the UK lol.

hmm i have loved swords but i want to get outside of my comfort zone of livebearers :) i do know a small pet store that sells the bumble  bee gobies, but i never really thought they were that amazing :/

Ruskull said:
Hey, I'm gonna go against the grain and say a single male Dwarf Gourami can easily work in a 10 gallon tank.  Not only is that the minimum rec. size tank, but I kept one in a 10 gallon with 3 Guppies, 6 Glowlight Tetras, a Mystery Snail and Molly fry.  Obviously it's not the optimum conditions for them but certainly not ridiculous by any stretch.
i have plenty of little snails, so the mystery snail would have to stay at the lfs :p now, about the glowlights tetras... my dad said that he had some (or some kind of tetra) when he was little and when you turned off the light, they would glow a little.... do they or any other tetras do that?? i really want to do some kind of school tetra tank, but i still dont know... :O

Paradise<3 said:
Fair point Ruskull. I never said it couldn't work but as they asked for other options as well I thought I'd give them some other options.

Thanks.  Again, probably not the best option but if you carefully choose tank mates it can work.

comocrayfish5 said:
A trio of Swordtails
3-4x Bumblebee Gobies

hmm i have loved swords but i want to get outside of my comfort zone of livebearers
smile.png
i do know a small pet store that sells the bumble  bee gobies, but i never really thought they were that amazing
confused.gif

Ruskull said:
>Hey, I'm gonna go against the grain and say a single male Dwarf Gourami can easily work in a 10 gallon tank.  Not only is that the minimum rec. size tank, but I kept one in a 10 gallon with 3 Guppies, 6 Glowlight Tetras, a Mystery Snail and Molly fry.  Obviously it's not the optimum conditions for them but certainly not ridiculous by any stretch.
i have plenty of little snails, so the mystery snail would have to stay at the lfs
tongue2.gif
now, about the glowlights tetras... my dad said that he had some (or some kind of tetra) when he was little and when you turned off the light, they would glow a little.... do they or any other tetras do that?? i really want to do some kind of school tetra tank, but i still dont know...
ohmy.png

Glowlight Tetras look kinda like Neon Tetras but they have neon orange stripes on their sides and neon orange eyes.  They look pretty cool and they school well.  They don't bother the other fish and they're actually quite timid.  

well i might be holding off a while but suggestions are still accepted. i havent contacted my friend yet and i am spending a lot of money on vet bills for my bird right now

@ frapadoodle- no worries son, I forgive you

Here's my stocking suggestion-
7-8 ember tetras . In my opinion these are the only tetras that will work in a 10 gallon.
1 betta
1 snail

^^ can i get a pic of honey gouramis so i know is the LFS has them?

tall tree- i dont think petsmart carries ember tetras :( picture?

Oh well.mhave you considered ordering online? There's an awesome fish website that makes me want to move to the US.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/
Doesn't carry embers though.

Guppies and endlers are great for ten gallon.

Maybe 5-7 endless or 4-5 guppies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back