Dwarf Red flame gourami isn't well help

He's in a 75 gallon breeder tank with other Gouramis, corydoras, Apple snail some tetras and a LG eater and a couple of bristle nose plecos. I got two sponge filters and a Vevo tank filter running in it. It's planted with live veg and I've got UV light going in it. I mostly feed them flake food, bug bites, Spirulina , silk worm, krill wafers, tetra color granules, freeze dried brine, shrimp. They get a treat every once in a while of freeze dried seaweed strips. I watched my fish while they eat. I have never seen him like gorge himself so I am not sure that that is a problem, but I'm not any kind of a doctor to analyze it either. His color is good. He swims around not a lot, but he does swim around. He kind of hovers around the waterfall that I have coming out of the big filter. Here's a picture of my whole tank.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2890.webp
    IMG_2890.webp
    266.3 KB · Views: 106
Either way, keep us updated.
He looked better yesterday he stomach wasn't as distended this morning. He looks like he did yesterday. It's pretty big and he's got a bump showing up on one side. I have a video of him cause it's breathing is really off and I got a picture of that bump on the side. I'm gonna try to post it. If not, I'll have to do still photos, but I wanted you to see him moving around and the way he's breathing towards the end of the video is where you can see that bump on his side. I couldn't upload the video so I am attaching a picture of the bump. I am you'll be able to see what's developed and I don't know what I should do now.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2904.webp
    IMG_2904.webp
    145.6 KB · Views: 46
He looked better yesterday he stomach wasn't as distended this morning. He looks like he did yesterday. It's pretty big and he's got a bump showing up on one side. I have a video of him cause it's breathing is really off and I got a picture of that bump on the side. I'm gonna try to post it. If not, I'll have to do still photos, but I wanted you to see him moving around and the way he's breathing towards the end of the video is where you can see that bump on his side. I couldn't upload the video so I am attaching a picture of the bump. I am you'll be able to see what's developed and I don't know what I should do now.
I don't know if anybody's paying attention to this anymore, but he's not doing real well he's still wanting to eat and swimming around, but he's breathing really hard and he's just really swollen I hope he's not suffering. That's what I really hope.
 
In post#2 @Boundava stated a one sided swelling would be a tumour.
I don’t think you can do anything except leave it in peace and keep it comfortable.
If in time it stops swimming or eating, you may wish to consider humane euthanasia.
 
If he is swelling to the point of pineconing then his organs are probably failing. That bump looks like a tumor.
It is good he is eating, and

What have you been doing to treat him?

When the time comes you can euthanize with a strong dose of clove oil.
You will need a zip top bag or container that you can seal and you are willing to toss. Fill it with enough tank water to cover the fish. Place a generous amount of clove oil (will depend on the container). Seal the container and shake to emulsify the oil, the water will be milky/cloudy. If it isn't then add more oil and shake again. Finally catch you guy and put him in the clove oil mixture. It will put him into a sleep and he will eventually stop breathing as the oil coats his gills. I usually finish by putting the fish in the freezer once he has stopped breathing/moving for a couple/few minutes.
Just be careful about getting the oil on you equipment, the oil in small amounts isn't lethal, but is hard to remove without soap.
Also you will never smell the winter holidays the same. 🙄
 

Most reactions

Back
Top