FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

sid014

Reaction score
Today, my tank looked great and the fishes were not stressed. For a week now my tank has had fishes and ammonia has Neen at0 for 2 days now. My fishes are eating good and are swimming good. Now i want to add more fishes in my tank.

I have a 10 gallon with 2 guppies and 3 cardinals. I am going to add 3-4 more cardinals. Will that be good?
An y help is appreciated.

How long has the tank been running for?

Has the filter cycled (developed the colonies of good bacteria that convert ammonia into nitrite, and nitrite into nitrate)?

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

What is the GH (general hardness) and pH of your water supply. This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).
Cardinal tetras come from soft acid water with a GH below 100ppm and a pH below 7.0.
Guppies come from hard water with a GH above 200ppm and a pH above 7.0.
If it preferable to keep fish in water that is similar to their natural environment.

The tank has been set up for two weeks now.
It is a planted tank with driftwood and Amazon sword, a crypt and java fern.
Yes the filter has cycled I suppose because before the ammonia was at 0.5ppm and now it's at zero. I was continously adding bacteria in a bottle. I have dimmed the lights to maintain the natural environment of tetras.
I don't have much info about ph and GH of my tank.

Check your local water company’s website, if you can’t find it there, you could stop by their office, or call them. Good luck! :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back