I Know Its A Question Of Personal Taste

Ok so all those fish get to 2inches or under (depending on the speciese of cory)

Rummynose: i'd say a minimum of 5
Corys: i'd say 6
Cherry barbs: 5 i think
Neon Tetras: 6-8
Endlers: go for all males as they breed alot about 10

At a guess that is what i would do.
 
Hi, I have a 4yo son, and when we go to the lfs he always tells me ''i like this one in the tank at home' and he likes guppies and neons.
I love guppies there are soo many varieties, I love the colours.

We are going with platys and neons to start with our 31gal
 
Ok so all those fish get to 2inches or under (depending on the speciese of cory)

Rummynose: i'd say a minimum of 5
Corys: i'd say 6
Cherry barbs: 5 i think
Neon Tetras: 6-8
Endlers: go for all males as they breed alot about 10

At a guess that is what i would do.


Thanks great!!
that all sounds great
love the look of khuli loach
but i understand the need to be intoduced in to well established tank
so when i finally grt my tank functioning right ... please see my other post

which fish should i introduce first???
 
I have 9 kuhlis and 3 went through some awful ammonia spike, IME a very hardy fish.

I wouldn't have too many if any with cories though as it may be an overload on bottom feeders, 5 max if you really want them.

All the fish stated are pretty hardy except the neons which you will want to add last as they prefer a mature tank.

I would add the barbs or endlers first.
 
I have 9 kuhlis and 3 went through some awful ammonia spike, IME a very hardy fish.

I wouldn't have too many if any with cories though as it may be an overload on bottom feeders, 5 max if you really want them.

All the fish stated are pretty hardy except the neons which you will want to add last as they prefer a mature tank.

I would add the barbs or endlers first.
thanks for all your input
defineately prefer thrashing idea out here insted of in LFS with a spotty kid trying to sell me something im really not sure about

Next step sort my tank out

Dont think thats going to be so easy
 
Morning All
Got my test kit yeserday
Results are posted on my other thread
all help and guiance gratefull received

Next question

Of all the fish you guys/gals have come up with are total different to the varities that my 2 LFS
have said

Most have them have tried to start me off with

Mollies black or gold/orange ones
my daughter tends to like these as they are quite large and resemble Fish...( in her mind gold fishi think)

is it possible to introduce a pair of these in to the fish cj=hoice you guys/gals have come up with???

again as usual

all ur ideas and comment gratfull received

..Ginga..
 
Mollies get quite big (see article here http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=124252) They also are said to do better with a bit of salt in the water which limits what fish you can put with them. Platies are a better choice, they stay smaller, are very hardy and you have a choice of many freshwater fish to go with them. They come in loads of pretty colours too-I love the ones that graduate from red through to yellow :)
 
For me Cherry Barbs are really hardy, and colourful fish too. I like guppies myself, you could easily keep a group of males in your tank too. Cory catfish are great too, you could keep a group of 5 or 6 in your tank too. Small tetras would go well, I'd suggest either neons, or perhaps ember tetras. Rummy noses as you've already suggested are intersting too and something a bit different. You might consider one larger feature fish, perhaps a small cichlid like a Ram or Apistogramma. I also like small pleco's. My bristlenoses are fascinating.

What about

1 Bristlenose Pleco
5 Peppered Cory's
6 Rummy Nose Tetras
3 Guppies
1 Male Apistogramma
 

Most reactions

Back
Top