I Hate Harry Potter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
and in reality what other reason is for a person to have a book read to them?

quite a few infact:

Lots of members of the same family might want to read the book without having to wait until one member has finished with it...so perhaps it was read by one member to the rest of the family so they could all experience it together..

or, as an example....my g/f is getting to the end of the last book of 12 in a series and while she was cooking dinner last night I was reading it to her as she wanted to get to the end...btw, she doens't have a disability and is very highly qualified.
I'm sure if you think about it there could be several reasons why someone might have a book read to them other than them having a disability.

I dont want to make any assumptions as to your age, disabilities or inteligence, but why did you have it RED to you why did you not read it yourself?
Ermm.... Disability! Thats a bit out of order! Can't you keep your arguments logical and non-offensive....Surely spelling read as RED isn't helping your argument alot?
That wasent meant to be offensive, and i dont think it was the "Red" had noting to do with disabilities i just pointed this out as a mis-spelling of read in a thread about reading.My reason for bring in the subject of disability was the fact that they had the book read to them, this may have actually being due to a disability, and if that was the case i wanted it to be clear that i was not being offensive.If you want to make assumptions regarding peoples intentions i really suggent that you first find out their actual intentions!!My argument was both logical and non-offensive.Neil
Grrr....
Surely as an 'educated' man you must realise that when mentioning disability (or to not be predjudice myself) any personal opinion YOU should make your intentions clear, not me, how is that my responsibility?
And that makes you just about the saddest person that i know of
How is that quote non-offensive? It is a blatant personal attack.
And i never used the word "Idiot" i said inteligence, if someone is dyslexic (learning disability) that really dos not make them an idiot!!!!
Now, if you are a lover of logical thought (beyond a priori that is, say logicallity to its logical degree) you would realise that i used the word idiot in relation to your making an assumption toward someones intelligence, your intentions were absolutely crystal clear, to deny that only confirms the worst. Can you not see that making the fine connection (that you just appear to have done) between dyslexia and intelligence quite where your prejudices may lie?
I'm sure any intelligent reader of this post would see where i am coming from.

Ps; I work at Tescos :nod:

I dont want to make any assumptions as to your age, disabilities or inteligence, but why did you have it RED to you why did you not read it yourself?
Ermm.... Disability! Thats a bit out of order! Can't you keep your arguments logical and non-offensive....Surely spelling read as RED isn't helping your argument alot?
That wasent meant to be offensive, and i dont think it was the "Red" had noting to do with disabilities i just pointed this out as a mis-spelling of read in a thread about reading.My reason for bring in the subject of disability was the fact that they had the book read to them, this may have actually being due to a disability, and if that was the case i wanted it to be clear that i was not being offensive.If you want to make assumptions regarding peoples intentions i really suggent that you first find out their actual intentions!!My argument was both logical and non-offensive.Neil
Grrr....
Surely as an 'educated' man you must realise that when mentioning disability (or to not be predjudice myself) any personal opinion YOU should make your intentions clear, not me, how is that my responsibility?
And that makes you just about the saddest person that i know of

How is that quote non-offensive? It is a blatant personal attack.
And i never used the word "Idiot" i said inteligence, if someone is dyslexic (learning disability) that really dos not make them an idiot!!!!
Now, if you are a lover of logical thought (beyond a priori that is, say logicallity to its logical degree) you would realise that i used the word idiot in relation to you making assumptions toward someones intelligence, your intentions were absolutely crystal clear, to deny that only confirms the worst. Can you not see that making the fine connection (that you just appear to have done) between dyslexia and intelligence quite where your prejudices may lie?
I'm sure any intelligent reader of this post would see exactly where i am coming from.

Ps; I work at Tescos :nod:

This discussion is over from my point of view, i really do not like the way this is going, and it is becoming personal,

I would like to make it clear that i have never made any assumptions with regards to anyones intelegence, if i have offended anyone i appoligise unreservedly.

my questions have only ever been used to gather information as to why someone has made the statement that then have.

Goodbye

And Germ if you were wondering if you offended me, the answer is yes very much so. At no point did i question your abilities or character, but you did not grant me the same level of respect.

I agree, topic should be left alone (by us at least).
And Germ if you were wondering if you offended me, the answer is yes very much so. At no point did i question your abilities or character, but you did not grant me the same level of respect.
C'est la vie.
Many apologies if i have offended you without reason.
But you have certainly offended me and i am convinced that the reasons for my being offended were well placed.
So my dad is bigger than yours and all that.....

-germ-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back