I Hate Harry Potter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate harry potter lets start a we hate potter club, is that sad, o well im member 1 :)

lol i'll be number 2.I started reading the 1st book and hated it, it's just to cheesey for me.I can't be bothered to get in a debate as it's really it's down to personal opinion.I don't often read book as I am busy with other stuff.But I read the darren shan series a year ago and thought that was pretty great, simple to read but enertaining.I also read the hobbit, thought that was pretty good to but I can't remember it to well :shifty: Now I'm reading the sword of shannara books by terry brooks.I read the first one in a day as I was bored, 242 pages I think...Lol damn I love books when I find the right ones.Sorry to be a bit off-topic but who here has some good teenage books to reccomend?

I am so sick of hearing all the Harry Potter crap all over the news, all I hear now is how Harry Potter changed peoples lives and got Gazillions of kids into reading. It is so annoying. Plus I think Harry Potter is a bad series too, its not funny, smart, or interesting. I'll take Douglas Adams or Kurt Vonnegut 100% over Harry Potter any day.
What is it exactly that draws people to these books anyway? When I was little I read the first 4 Harry Potter books, and I quit after that, they definetly didn't get me into reading (the two above mentioned authors did) some people even go so far as to say Harry Potter changed their life, how the heck does that happen? I guess wasting hours on end, on reading boring mindless books, can change your life, if wasting your life counts as changing it. What honestly draws the commotion into these books?

Does anyone else feel the same way as me?

I haven't read any of them myself, and could care less either way. You say reading them is a waste of time, and boring? While i can't agree or disagree with you (for having never read them), i would say that you should probably flog yourself with something heavy and sharp, because your an idiot. If you don't like the books, fine, don't like them. But the fact that your so infatuated with disliking the books leads me to believe you've nothing better to do anyway. So maybe you should find a book that you don't hate, and shut the hell up. :good:

Go to your local library, and get the first one. The begenning isnt the best but it keeps getting better and better, through each chapter. That is my challenge, read and if you still dont like it, then say it but if you havent read it, then dont add a comment.

I remember being bored to tears as the first one was red to me somewhere. It was awful. Nor do I believe its right to read it because of religious reasons.
I wanted to yell the ending at midnight at borders, didn't get the chance. ;*(

I am so sick of hearing all the Harry Potter crap all over the news, all I hear now is how Harry Potter changed peoples lives and got Gazillions of kids into reading. It is so annoying. Plus I think Harry Potter is a bad series too, its not funny, smart, or interesting. I'll take Douglas Adams or Kurt Vonnegut 100% over Harry Potter any day.
What is it exactly that draws people to these books anyway? When I was little I read the first 4 Harry Potter books, and I quit after that, they definetly didn't get me into reading (the two above mentioned authors did) some people even go so far as to say Harry Potter changed their life, how the heck does that happen? I guess wasting hours on end, on reading boring mindless books, can change your life, if wasting your life counts as changing it. What honestly draws the commotion into these books?

Does anyone else feel the same way as me?
I've been forced to watch three movies so far. I have to say, I hated them. They were boring and pointless.
I think my time would have been better employed had I been sucking the puss from a lepors boil.

10 out of 10 for special effects

-10 for story.

Right, where's my lepor.....

I remember being bored to tears as the first one was red to me somewhere.

I dont want to make any assumptions as to your age, disabilities or inteligence, but why did you have it RED to you why did you not read it yourself?

It was awful.

A truly, truly profound sentence, you really should be a critic.
Nor do I believe its right to read it because of religious reasons.

Why? what is it about the book that makes it offensive to any particular religion? I really dont see this as a valid argument.

I wanted to yell the ending at midnight at borders, didn't get the chance. ;*(

And that makes you just about the saddest person that i know of, why would you want to do that, do you think that it would make you look clever in some way?

I dont want to make any assumptions as to your age, disabilities or inteligence, but why did you have it RED to you why did you not read it yourself?

Ermm.... Disability! Thats a bit out of order! Can't you keep your arguments logical and non-offensive....
Surely spelling read as RED isn't helping your argument alot?

lol, well whether you like Harry Potter or not it certainly seems to bring out the bitchy side in everyone...

And apparently FishTyke is a school teacher!
Wouldn't want to be in your class FishTyke :no:

Ermm.... Disability! Thats a bit out of order! Can't you keep your arguments logical and non-offensive....Surely spelling read as RED isn't helping your argument alot?
That wasent meant to be offensive, and i dont think it was the "Red" had noting to do with disabilities i just pointed this out as a mis-spelling of read in a thread about reading.My reason for bring in the subject of disability was the fact that they had the book read to them, this may have actually being due to a disability, and if that was the case i wanted it to be clear that i was not being offensive.If you want to make assumptions regarding peoples intentions i really suggent that you first find out their actual intentions!!My argument was both logical and non-offensive.Neil
And apparently FishTyke is a school teacher!Wouldn't want to be in your class FishTyke :no:
And now you have the bare faced cheek to attack me professionally!!!!!My qualifications and achievements as a teacher have never been in question, and neither have i said anything offensive to anyone on this board ever!!!!If you have read it any other way then that really is your problem.I would however like a retraction to that last statement about not wanting to be in my classYou my friend have just really crossed the line with me!!Neil

Only after you retract your insinuation that if someone has a book read ( :nod: ) to them they must be an idiot, a child or handicapped......

Only after you retract your insinuation that if someone has a book read ( :nod: ) to them they must be an idiot, a child or handicapped......

and in reality what other reason is for a person to have a book read to them?

And i never used the word "Idiot" i said inteligence, if someone is dyslexic (learning disability) that really dos not make them an idiot!!!!

and by disability i thought the person may have been partiallt sighted, and therefore not able to read small print and rely on having the book read to them.

as i said may statement was non-offensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back