I Got It For A Bargain, Now Need Help!

I already have them mark.
Im watching quite a few fluval filters atm. I will get a thermonitor. Im having sand in the tank plants some wood, going to create loads of hiding places as I know 35L is pushing it a bit for 2 dwarf puffers so I will create lots of hiding places.

Im going to have a kind of half circle at the front with just sand where they can come out when feeding etc. and then a kind of big forest at the back with a sand line down the middle so theres 2 different areas one of the left hand side then a gap with nothing but sand then a area on the right hand side. So hopefully they will pick there areas and have one each. I will post pictures anyway :good:
 
As far in internals go I've only ever had fluvals. And I think I always would to be honest so I'm not much help on the variety front, but....
On Ebay:
Fluval 2+ (Brand new on Buy It Now) - £16.94
Fluval 2+ (Used on Auction - 3days left) - £4.99 atm

Did a quick bit of searching for you.

I think the fluval 1 would be better... the 2+ is a beast of a beast for a 35l tank...

Edit: By that i mean as in size, not power...
 
Take a look at the aqua flow (superfish) filters on ebay, cheaper than the fluvals and work just as well.
 
Well, if you plan to upgrade, by all means get the 2+

But otherwise id get the 1+ as its cheaper, smaller and will filter tanks up to 45l
 
I have looked on ebay and the fluval 1's seem to be going for more than the fluval 2's :crazy:
 
Strange... the 2+ will work because you can half the flow with the slider... but i was thinking of size difference...

Filtros_Fluval_Plus.jpg


Edit: I guess it would be good to overfilter a bit anyway...
 
Wow, quite a big difference.

Im just wondering if there are any other filters people recommened?
 
i have the LED lights in my tank as moonlights i have the blue they are waterproof cheap and look ok but you can get the lights cheap on ebay mate heres one ...110394882468 ebay
 
Bidding has ended. I was looking for more the LED stick ons. Its a shame I carnt get the ones from Hong Kong there dirt cheap.
 
here mate same light as i showed you before but 1hr 40 mins left on bidding ................110394940654
 
Be careful with Hong kong stuff while it looks cheap the postage is sometimes more than the item and you MAY get stung by customs.

Mike
 

Most reactions

Back
Top