I caught wild sailfin mollies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Super duper please!?

Sorry guys I cant ship any fish my parents wont let me, but I will post pictures if they give birth or you can just come to the south to catch them yourself.

Sorry guys I cant ship any fish my parents wont let me, but I will post pictures if they give birth or you can just come to the south to catch them yourself.
I wish I could come to the south and catch some. I live in boring old WA with only big salmon and trout!

Im sure you can buy some from a site online they are giant green or blue sail fin mollies. Ya they stock trout in texas I love to catch them in the winter.

Last edited:
They look great..just might be your camera or lighting. I saw some at the LFS before the pandemic and I was very tempted.. They had the wild and the black marbled sailfin. But all my years of reading about them says they only do best with brackish waters..water with some salinity. Even the fish store guy says he puts some salt in the water for mollies. Might be true. I always had better luck with Platys..a 100 gallon became home to hundreds for me a long time ago. Never had Mollies thrive like that.

They look great..just might be your camera or lighting. I saw some at the LFS before the pandemic and I was very tempted.. They had the wild and the black marbled sailfin. But all my years of reading about them says they only do best with brackish waters..water with some salinity. Even the fish store guy says he puts some salt in the water for mollies. Might be true. I always had better luck with Platys..a 100 gallon became home to hundreds for me a long time ago. Never had Mollies thrive like that.
Yes mollies can even live in full salt water. All livebearers that I know of need a GH or 150 but mollies need at least 200

Swordtails, platies and guppies a need a GH of at least 200ppm and mollies need a GH of at least 250ppm.

Swordtails, platies and guppies a need a GH of at least 200ppm and mollies need a GH of at least 250ppm.
Whoops my numbers are wrong again! :rofl: :fish:

Weird I got no notifications of these posts ...

anyways. Where in the south?

and where can I buy the wild online ?

Aquarium stores carrie Sailfin Mollies all the time. Just ask them. Then when they come in buy them!...never say you changed your mind after a favor.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back