How’s the weather?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I can deal with almost anything, Michigan is colder than Alaska, and I really don't like our summer heat, but I have to live where I can afford to live, so I'm stuck.
I did some schooling when in the Navy at Great Lakes during the winter. Great Lakes Navy base may not be Michigan but close enough. I remember a few days when they basically closed the base due to a winter storm. The storm put a lot of ice all over the place and the winds were high enough that you literally could not walk anywhere as the wind would just blow you across the ice.

@jaylach Just wondering. Does the Navy have a sub at Great Lakes or is that just the German UBoat that‘s at that museum there ? Also , do you know if they actually have a sub at Lake Pendorielle in Idaho ?
Anywho , it’s 38 degrees at six o’clock in the morning here in One Dog Town Montana.
We’re having a schnook !

@jaylach Just wondering. Does the Navy have a sub at Great Lakes or is that just the German UBoat that‘s at that museum there ? Also , do you know if they actually have a sub at Lake Pendorielle in Idaho ?
Anywho , it’s 38 degrees at six o’clock in the morning here in One Dog Town Montana.
We’re having a schnook !
I have no idea as to the subs but don't recall any. Never went to a museum at Great Lakes or don't recall doing so but has been quite a while. I was at Great Lakes late 1972 and early 1973.

I didn't say I couldn't take humidity. I just said that it gets to me. I lived for ~7 years in Ft. Worth TX and ~16 years in Jacksonville Beach FL. ;)
Fort Worth has a little humidity. My daughter lives 100 miles southeast of Fort Worth and she has more humidity. Also it's warmer, loses power but she only had a freeze for a day and a night

Tomorrow is supposed to be -1C. Today, this house sounds like an airplane in turbulence, and we have a frostbite warning on. I went out to the fishroom (a short outdoor walk) and the current -28 with wind gusts feeling like -45, well, I believe it. We have an elderly dog who has to go out a lot more than she used to, and every trip out hurts. I almost froze my cheek this morning, and came in with a frozen up beard.

Ah, winter. In 24 hours it'll be shorts and t-shirts weather.

My fishroom is weathering its first winter cold snap well. It's down by one degree from usual, and is holding stable without a huge need for heating. The baseboard heaters are set for 20c, and it's at 22 after a day of this fun polar vortex.

I was watching my S. barbatus catfish doing wild spawning dances, although I can't see eggs. They probably went skiing last night, and are celebrating being alive...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back