How’s the weather?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Meanwhile, in the north, I have one strip of snow about 2 feet wide and 20 feet long in my entire lot. By tomorrow, it should be gone. They're predicting 10c (50f) so I can move a tree that fell (harmlessly except to itself) in a winter windstorm, and start planning my garden.

Double digits. 10 degrees. This is meaningful.
Grumble, grumble...
smil249.gif

While I don't really trust long range forecasts but here is what we, in Sheridan, WY, are supposed to expect. Keep in mind that we are currently in a winter storm watch.
tems.jpg

Your climate has potential.
We had a glorious day yesterday, and I worked out back at 10c, with no jacket. This morning my buddies the crows are acting nervous, and we have a freezing rain storm predicted. No matter - winter's back is broken and the sunlight is stronger and stronger every day.

It started raining late yesterday afternoon and I had 1 and 7/10 inches in my rain gauge. Still going today and I read another 1 and 9/10 inches. This never happens here. Rainy old June like it used to be but hasn’t been for years.

Summer solstice still over a week away, but this...very humid, too...not for the faint of heart, or those who aren't used to it ;)

AND, hurricane season started June 1, so there's that

Attachments

• Forecast.jpg
    Forecast.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 13
Hellish....mix in the high humidity levels, and it's pretty rough...especially to newcomers here who aren't used to it

Breeze helps, but not much of it here lately

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 10
Normal summer warm here in south central Montana . We had a cool rainy spring like in the olden days and all the countryside and trees look great this year . The weatherman is calling for high eighties, low nineties this week . Minimal humidity . The river looks good and not so low as it usually is this time of year . Very unlike things the rest of North America is experiencing. I feel blessed .

Normal summer warm here in south central Montana . We had a cool rainy spring like in the olden days and all the countryside and trees look great this year . The weatherman is calling for high eighties, low nineties this week . Minimal humidity . The river looks good and not so low as it usually is this time of year . Very unlike things the rest of North America is experiencing. I feel blessed .
Sounds wonderful...

Sounds wonderful...
It is wonderful but I am not so complacent as to think that things couldn't go another way . We still have to get through August which is almost always our hottest month . A few days or a week of hundred degree days with zero humidity and we dry up like an old newspaper . Forest fire season hasn’t hit yet and that can be pretty bad .

Even my dogs aren't wanting to stay outdoors for long...I can't imagine these temps in a fur coat

Even my dogs aren't wanting to stay outdoors for long...I can't imagine these temps in a fur coat
That’s something I have always wondered about . How do dogs stand the heat ? They look miserable and they never miss a chance to lay in the grass in the shade . Funnier yet is how comfortable they look in even the coldest winter . Do dogs sweat or is it the panting alone that cools them off ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back